got a deer

NO MO BEGGEN

i know some of you guys are probably horn hunters but im a food hunter so please dont dog me .i managed to stick me a nice doe sunday night sorry no pics didnt have film. im thinking it was around two years old or so wasn't huge but good size. meat in the freezer:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

It's better to shoot mature does before the rut as it will cut down on the buck/doe ratio and make the mature bucks work a little harder to keep a wanting doe around when the rut does come round.

I kill does and big bucks when I can. But I'll pass on any buck that doesn't look like a three and a half year old or more. (screw countin pts, look for mass in both rack and body).

levi this works well in areas of large land masses or if the neibar all agree but in allegan co. most of the so called hunters around here go by if its brown its down, that is why its getting harder every year around here to get a buck or even see one that is more that 1 1/2 years old

i know some of you guys are probably horn hunters but im a food hunter so please dont dog me .i managed to stick me a nice doe sunday night sorry no pics didnt have film. im thinking it was around two years old or so wasn't huge but good size. meat in the freezer:grin:

If thats what blows your hair back then go for it.

Everyone hunts for their own reasons. Whether its to catch salmon or hang out with these stallions and dream of catching what they catch, or to hang out and pluck the bushtails with your .22, or maybe its just to hang out with your kids in the woods/on the boat and just live the God's country life, No Osama bin Ladens, No Sadam's, Just the Sun, moon, wind, trees, wildlife........WHATEVER!!!!!

In my eyes, as long as your playing by the rules. Kill it and Grill it!

No poaching, snagging, etc, etc, etc. NO ILLEGAL PLAY ladies and gentleman.

Being a sportsman is doing it by the rules.

Its like everything else, takes the fun right out of it when you quit playing by the rules.

Didn't mean to squash your thread. Congrats on the Deer in the freezer!

PS, um, if your not gonna eat the backstraps, I'll help ya with that!

T

sorry

?????

NO sorrys needed! That was a Well Done speech up there! You were out doing what you want to do and have a tasty freezer full!

That was a big "Hell Yea" my friend! I was eyeballin a red squirrel Wednesday.... They a Hell of a lot easier to drag home!:lol:

I'm a buck killer, but doe on my property starting to get thick so's, I might remove one myself, I've got a ton of pics and horns to show off to the poop talkin "guys" at work, who have probably never killed anything themselves anyway! Don't let people sway ya from doin what you want to do!

Now get back out there and kill another! Or, maybe wait for gun?!?!?!?

T