Tomorrow!!!!!! 12/17

Good luck, I was walking on the ice on the lake I live last weekend, now it's all open water:(

Was going to hit the St Joe river today but it turned to chocolate milk with the rain we had mid week...no steelies for me.:(

I guess I'm going buy a doe tag today and try to get one for Sportsman Against Hunger this weekend.

Climbed out of bed at 5:30 am. I got everything loaded in the Jeep by a little after 6:00 am and headed out. Spun in hand I ventured out onto the ice it was 9 degrees out. I got out about two steps and the spud went through, just like paper. I got back into the Jeep and drove home, made some breakfast and went back to bed. That my friends is a good fishing report. No fish or cooler to clean.

It was 9 degrees out saturday am in the EUP but still no ice. Starting today it is supposed to get colder and really colder next week. I would say by the first of 2012 we will all be looking at little holes on the hard water. Going to give it another shot on the 24th. Right now I have 28 degrees out not good but it is below the freeze mark.

No rain this week but mixed temps right now it is 15 degrees out with a light wind. I think that it made some ice this week. I am going to give it a shot tomorrow. Good thing is that I don't go out far and I won't venture into too deep of water. If I can get a few feet off shore and into about 3 fow I will be good to set some tip ups. I will check several spots and hope that I can find some good ice .

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found some good ice on a L Michigan bay and set up for some steelhead. Spawn bags on tip ups and the flags were flying on and off. The first fish to hit the ice was a 7 pound steelhead then a long drought. Then a screamer that had the tip up leaning but I missed. I got that tip up reset just in time to see another flag and land a 2 pound steelhead. Then another drought watch a couple of eagles flying around for awhile. Then another flag and another screamer set the hook and land a 4 pound steelhead. Had some nice fillets for dinner last night.