Finally a break in the waves. 3 hr. mid day troll working depths from 6' to 30'. Started with a double in 25 fow. Lost fish on orange j-11 Rapala and board. landed an over 30" (pike skinny) Laker on Craigs SH spoon 100' back on DR 15 down. Lost 2 other ??? (seemed like SH) on flatlines. 1 orange/black ladder back Silver Horde, and a Wonderbread Bomber. Went shallow to end day. While pulling lines, had DR set 5 ft. down and pulled line to have 5 lb. Brown grab it. Nice day, especially considering it's less than 2 weeks from Christmas.

I almost made on the ice on Sunday but decided to wait until 12/24. I can't believe that you guys downstate are still going out in the boats. Nice brown trout you caught there. In the spring it is funny that you guys are lined up to launch boats and I see miles of ice for 6 weeks longer.

You are my hero. I'm so jealous. I wish my boat was not put up.

I have an old fishing buddy who moved to California, but still has a boat in his dads heated pole barn. He is coming home for the holidays and said he might be up for a fishing trip on the big lake.

Thanks for the report.