2006 Manistee Fun Tournament (New Rules)

2006 Manistee Fun Tournament (New Rules)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. 2006 Manistee Fun Tournament (New Rules)

Ok fishermen, (This Poll Is For Fishermen That Has Been In This Tournament Before Or Like To Join This Event This Year)

I have been thinking about changing some of the rules for this tournament just to make things alot more simple this year and hopefully the rest of the years. I talk to Larry (Trout Tacker) about this and we decided that we would like to see what evryone had to say about this and take a vote. What I have is two new rules that we like you to all see and see what you think and like. Now if you guys just like to keep the same old rules makes sure you vote for that. We just like to keep this tournament simple and a better chance for everyone to win this tournament and have fun this year. Like someone sad in this web site. Keep it simple stupid! :D And I been thinking about it and agree with this great fisherman 100%.

So here are the rules for 2006:

Rule A:

1- Fishing starts at 5:00am till 11:00am (Must pull lines at 11:00am and get right in for weigh in)

2- Cost will be $30.00 ($20.00 for weight and $10.00 for biggest fish)

3- 6 rod limit

4- 2-4 man teams (If you have a 4 man team you must only catch a 3 man limit)

6- Weigh in 5 fish of anykind (Salmon,Cohos, Lake Trout, Steelheads, and Browns.)

7- Do not have more than 5 fish at weigh in.

8- You must know what is your big fish. No checking at the scales.

9- No Cull

10- No Tie Breakers

11- Must be a Michigan Sportsman member or a Great Lakes Fisherman member to enter.

12- Pay entry fee at weigh in

Points System:

1- Browns 25pts.

2- Steelheads 20pts

3- Kings 15pts.

4- Cohos 10pts.

5- Lake Trout 5pts

New rules for 2006

Rule B

1- Fishing starts at 5:00am till 11:00am (Must pull lines at 11:00am and get right in for weigh in)

3- 6 rod limit

6- Weigh in 1 DNR limit (New rule)

9- No Cull

10- No Tie Breakers

11- Must be a Michigan Sportsman member or a Great Lakes Fisherman member to enter.

12- Pay entry fee at weigh in

NO POINTS SYSTEM

New rule for 2006

Rule C

3- 6 rod limit

6- Weigh in 5 fish of any kind

9- No Cull

10- No Tie Breakers

12- Pay entry fee at weigh in.

NO POINTS SYSTEM

I hope nobody is going to get to upset with this poll. We just like to make things more simple at the weigh in. Everyone should still have the same fun as all of the other years that we been running this. Please make a vote and put your .02 cents if you like to, we will be putting a sign up sheet for the tournament starting May 1st. I know next year I am going to make the West Michigan Fishing League rules different and more simple. Just cannot make the change this year because I allready have the rules set.

Good luck fishing in 2006,

Rich

I like rule B

Just because it is alot easier at the weigh in.

Do not to have to worrie about points system no more.

Everyone will have to work a little harder to get there 5 fish. (More of a challange)

It is just plain simple. (Weigh fish only)

Caznik

• 3 months later...

casnik

I've never fished the fun Manistee Fun Tournament before, but would like to this year. Can you post a date for the Tourney. Seems like rule c would be the simplest, but would still fish it regardless.

Hope to see you there.

SalmonSeeker

Rex

casnik

I've never fished the fun Manistee Fun Tournament before, but would like to this year. Can you post a date for the Tourney. Seems like rule c would be the simplest, but would still fish it regardless.

Hope to see you there.

SalmonSeeker

Rex

I gave you a PM. Please make sure you check it out.

Thanks,

Caznik