DeltaPlex Indoor Racing 25-26 Nov.

GLF

nervo_extreme_02.jpg

Racing has its hi's and low's. Unfortunately this weekend we hit a low. We were running bumper to bumper with the leader in the feature race on Friday when we had a piece of track debree get stuck between the break pad and the caliper causing the brake to drag.

During our first practice Saturday we were fast and got into the back of another car, hit the wall and ended up on the side. Hunter did not get a scratch, but our car bent the right front spindle and the axle. we found a spare right spindle to put on, but had to make do with the bent axle.

After some wrenching we were pretty good again, but not 100%. Unfortunately that break caliper bit us again during the feature on Saturday. This time is was just a mechanical issue with the caliper, causing the piston to hang up and drag the breaks again. Because of this, we were really slow and ended up last in the feature. :(

We chased the race track all weekend because it was constantly changing. It went from slippery/snotty on Thursday, to really good for the heat race on Saturday. It started raining outside before the feature and it went back to be snotty. They put some rossin down on the track before the feature and it was decent.

The deltaplex was hard on a lot of cars. Several cars bent axles, spindles, and other parts!

Mike, that hobby is going to be more expensive than fishing, better luck at the next race.

You are probably right on the cost. Hopefully we can get enough sponsors to offset the cost.

They did not have these when I was a kid. This is a great family activity and my boys REALLY love it. They will only be this small one time!

It's great you are able to do this with the boys. The mechanical problems are part of the game and I'm sure you knew it going in. The boys are learning valuable lessons that will stay with them the rest of their lives. I'll bet Hunter and Wyatt are turning wrenches with you also. GL 2 U all in the next race. ^5s :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Will make it worth more when they win, and build some character in the process.

My buddy spent years on the Pro Rally series, ending with a Lancer IV putting over 400 Hp to the ground. When it was done, he told me "coke and whores would have been cheaper and safer for me".

I can't wait to hear the stories of your kids scaring the crap out of their driver's ed instructors.

And in a few years they will discover the local dirt tracks, well you can see where this is going. Let them have fun with it while they can, life catches up with all of us too fast. They will come back to the lake Mike, in their own time.