Meat Rigs

Flyboy

We run meat rigs every time we go out. Usually two meat rigs. All of our meat rigs are from Captain John King. Our go to is a red double glow meat rig with a Big Als silver holo flasher on the down rigger. We will usually run another meat rig on a Dipsey Diver on the opposite side of the boat behind a Spin Doctor. Other good colors for us have been gold and silver with green teasers. Color just depends on the day.

Spin Dr - Black / Double Crush Glow trailed by the moomoo has been hands down the best meat rig for 2 years for me.:thumb:

MOO%20MOO.jpg

Edited by JWheeler
Propper Spinnie labeling / moo moo pic

We sell the whole herring and the strips. Our most popular by far is the strips because they are already prepared and so easy to use. No fileting or brining needed.

The whole we do not ship due to the fact that it is very temperature sensitive and if it gets to warm it can be ruined although the strips are very forgiving so we can ship those and have done so for a few years now.

http://calumetmarine.3dcartstores.com/Bait_c_9.html

I like the whole herring, for the simple fact you get more bang for your buck.:thumb:. Not hard to brine and cure them yourself if you like. We typically just cut them up on an as needed basis right on the boat.

Fished West Bay this summer and caught 7 kings on just 2 pieces of meat! Of course a little herring oil involved but you couldn't stop em. Purple-haze Flasher and a purple meat rig with also a green setup was great this year. ALL GLOW

Not cool about the $25 minimum. I can say that I just threw away my credit card machine and closed my merchant account. The transaction fees, service fees, and other BS makes you end up eating your margin on small sales. If you don't do tons of transactions, or operate with huge margins, CC machines are a waste of money for a small business, or at least one "Micro Small" in my case.

Not cool about the $25 minimum. I can say that I just threw away my credit card machine and closed my merchant account. The transaction fees, service fees, and other BS makes you end up eating your margin on small sales. If you don't do tons of transactions, or operate with huge margins, CC machines are a waste of money for a small business, or at least one "Micro Small" in my case.

Yeah I understand it. And if that dude up there wasn't such a jackwagon about it I may have picked up a few other spoons or plugs to get the order to $25, but when you aren't polite about things I'll be hard pressed to give you a dime.

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent 3 days with Captain Keith Kloet staying at my home, he runs Lie a lot charters out of Ludington, he was here to have simple knee surgery, but I learned a lot about meat rigs that might help all here. 1 if u run meat run all meat. He has a 33 ft 121/2 ft wide Chris Craft Commander and they run 13 to 15 rods and he puts meat on all of them after the morning bite lets up. He runs it on cores, coppers riggers and dipseys. I guess my plan will change next summer when the fishing slows. He says that the idea is to get the whole water column behind your boat stunk up with the Herring smell and it triggers them. Check out some of his catches at lie a lot charters.com