Vector Heavy Metal - Feedback?

brew1

I'm considering purchasing a used pair of Vector Heavy Metal downriggers with 4' booms, swivel bases and 3 rod holders per rigger. Both are mounted on an 8' aluminum bar, included with the riggers.

This setup would be mounted on the back of a Lund Tyee 1850. I'm new at this and am working on getting the boat setup for the big pond in 2012.

I'd appreciate feedback from owners or users of the Vector Heavy Metal rigger as to how well they worked and if you had any problems.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I didn't pull the trigger fast enough and someone picked them up for a pretty decent price. Apparently used Vectors don't last long once they hit Ebay or Craigslist.

I would have jumped on them but didn't know if I should be concerned about the change in company ownership and how it may effect product quality or customer service.

Well, at least I have all winter to pick up a pair...

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I didn't pull the trigger fast enough and someone picked them up for a pretty decent price. Apparently used Vectors don't last long once they hit Ebay or Craigslist.

I would have jumped on them but didn't know if I should be concerned about the change in company ownership and how it may effect product quality or customer service.

if you havent found anything by next spring, you might want to watch big jon riggers on ebay. i bought 2 sets of the pro tournaments. one set i paid 525.00 for the striped down riggers, then i got the other set for 659.00 with swivel bases and quick slide mounts. these were both sets brand new with the auto stop feature. i already picked up the double rod holders for less than 300.00 for all 4 riggers. and already had swivel mounts and slide mounts for the first 2.

there is 2 different guys that kinda get in a selling contest. so they run them with no reserve part of the time. i still ended up with about 800.00 per set with everything. but thats still a great price once you figure the riggers with swivel basses and rod holder and the slide mounts is alittle over 1100.00 to just buy them outright on ebay. or you can contact [email protected] for some good prices.

sherman

would have jumped on them but didn't know if I should be concerned about the change in company ownership and how it may effect product quality or customer service.

Traxstech has outstanding customer service. I do not believe you will have any problems with them helping you out.

The new vector riggers

are about done i have 6 sets on order one set will be going on my boat

not certain what the price will be yet jeff at traxs tech does not even know yet

but from what i have seen and heard they are going to be well worth the wait

i hope to have them at the shows this winter and in the both stores on display of course