Looking for Hummingbird seminars

SCUM LINE

Depending on what you are looking for. The best seminars i have been to are Lance Valentines on sonar and GPS. He does a NON Product specific one hour seminar at the shows in Novi and Grand Rapids that is total information overload the first time you sit through it. But you will learn more in that hour from him then anything else i have read or watched. I actually sat through it twice, the second time with a notebook to copy down the setting he will tell you to start with and how to modify those setting depending on what you are seeing on the screen. If you have the time to get over to the detroit area I know he used to do specific product training, where you take in your unit and power cord and he goes over operation of the unit as well as settings. If you have a basic understanding of how to access the settings then i would suggest one of the shows. They are a free seminar that is put on. I know show span is trying to get booth space finalized for the january show i was just on a call with them last thursday. Once they get that finialized they post speakers and seminars at the show. The GPS seminar is equally good and usually follows the sonar seminar. So plan on a good two hours. You can watch www.showspan.com Ultimate fishing show and ultimate sports show links for details.

Edit:

Here is a link to Lances site: http://www.walleyekid.com/seminars___shows

It looks like he is only doing the specific unit seminars on the lowrance hds units now. you can contact him and see if he is doing anyhthing else like that.

Just a note, I took one of Lance Valentines all day classes in Jenison a few years back. This class was Lowrance based, which was fine. I learned a lot that I am now using with my Humminbird. He gives a GREAT class!

Paul C.

• 3 weeks later...

for hummingbird you just have to figure out how to take what you learn in the videos and apply it to your hummingbird. They have most of the same settings, just maybe called something a little different. You are not going to get better info. I have been to a few so called electronics seminars that basically tell you buy this one it is better.

• 1 month later...