27 lb king mount !

jimbobber

Here is a picture of my 27 lb king i caught in the big red classic this year!:D The pic does not do it justice it looks skinny in the pic but trust me it turned out just like it was when i caught it! Thanks to Jim Bonnello of jims taxidermy in flat rock.:thumb:

mount.jpg

Best way to freeze a fish you are going to have mounted is soak a towell with water wring it out and then wrap the fish. The put in a garbage bag and wrap trying to squeeze out as much air as possible. lay as flat as possible in the freezer and dont let it stay in to long before getting it to a taxedermist.

I laid all the fins down to the body, made sure the tail stayed flat and wraped it in a moist towel then put it in a bag,(I did not have to freeze it cus Jim took it the next day )but you would then lay it flat in the freezer and freeze it.

Ya thats what jim told me about the natural head that i would not like in a few years it would bleed out oil.And ya Mark i may have to bring it to a steelheaders event or maybe the swap meet or something,i just have to make a stand or something the fins are pretty fragile and i get nervouse moving it around or maybe you can come over some time and maybe buy some slammers while your here....... hahaha. I hope to have about four more colors for next year ,ones we did good on this year, and maybe some mini ones to,but not sure about them yet.