5th Annual Free Sportsman Swap Meet 2/11/2012 - NEW Date and Location -

When: Saturday February 11, 2012 from 9 am to 12 pm.

Where: Chapel Pointe Church, 3350 Baldwin Street Hudsonville, MI 49426

Saturday February 11, 2012 is the date for this years swap meet so mark your calendars. Please note the new date and location for this year. At this new facility we have nearly unlimited parking and a large gymnasium to set up. For the first time we will be advertising for this event in area newspapers!

Plenty of room and lots more buyers in store for this year, I'm guessing we have doubled in size over last year already since we paired up with the sportsman club at Chapel Pointe Church. This is going to be a big one!

The new location is only 10 minutes from the old location.

We are having a swap meet for anyone that would like to sell, swap, and buy excess sporting gear on Saturday, February 11, 2012 from 9 am to 12 pm. . We are thinking that the theme be related to items for fishing and hunting, but also are considering that it be open to all sporting goods in general. No flea market junk, just good used gear that one no longer needs or use. No guns or ammo will be allowed on the premises.

Sellers contact me prior to the event to reserve a table. Donation will be $10 per table. Sellers are welcome to share or split tables. If there are left over tables we will offer them up for donation only basis for those who would like to sell, and cannot reserve, afford, or do not need a full table. Contact me at [email protected] for table availability and registration.

Set up will happen between 7:30 and 9 am. If I could please get some volunteers to show up early to move some tables and chairs. We will need to move some chairs first, set up the tables, then set up our items. Volunteers please contact me, and will get to pick the best locations. We will need a crew available at the end to put the tables away and put the chairs back as we found them. Many hands will make this an easy job.

Buyers can stop by from 9-12pm. This will be a free event for buyers, donations gladly accepted. Bring cash and change if possible to make it easier on the sellers who will have limited abilities to make change throughout the day.

Early birds can get in before 9am only with a $ 5 donation, after 9am admittance is free.

The Youth Ministry will be on hand to sell coffee,baked goods, and lunch. Please support them with their fund raiser.

Location has been set at Chapel Pointe Church in Hudsonville, MI. The address is 3350 Baldwin Street Hudsonville, MI 49426. We will have plenty of tables, chairs, and room to spread out in this new facility. Please DO NOT call the facility directly since this is a private event, contact myself with any questions or issues.

Bring the family out for a day of fun, bargains, lunch, and good friends.

Hope to see you there!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went through and cleaned a bunch of gear out of the basement!!

Meat rigs

Spoons

SD

Paddles

Boards (not sure where they came from)

Penn 309 reels

Ugly stick rods...

Torpido divers

Body baits

the list will continue to grow Saturday night when I go back to work in the basement

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One month out and 32 tables are reserved for sellers so far. So far mostly big lake tackle and gear, but there will be archery equipment, hunting gear, ice fishing gear and more. Raffle prizes will be awarded, free registration for those.

Baked goods and coffee will be available. Hot dogs, chips, pop and water will be served for lunch.

Remember this event is free for buyers! Sellers please help get the word out. We will be advertising in the Advance newspaper in the coming weeks as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Tim, do you need help with anything else?

Jenn and I plan on being around for this. Plus I need to unload stuff to make room for some new stuff;)

Dave I think we are doing good in setup and such, we do need more volunteers at the end to make it a speedy clean up.

Thanks,

Tim

Two weeks out! Please remember it is a new location.

Over 35 tables reserved so far. Likely 45-50 sellers before then.

Sellers set up opens at 7am, please try to be set up by 8:30am and the mayhem begins.

Free entry after 9am, $5 donation requested for early entrance after 8:30am please.

Big lake fishing gear of all kinds both new and used, bass gear, ice fishing, bows, arrows, treestands, and way too much to mention.

Free raffle door prizes. Drawings from 10am-12pm. Must register at the entrance for entry into this raffle.

Coffee and muffins from 8-10am, hot dogs/chili dogs and chips served from 10-12. Also serving Muskybob's salmon chowder while supplies last. Please support these kids and their fundraiser.

All proceeds from donations for tables and early bird entry will benefit the youth program at Chapel Pointe and our hand 2 hand ministry to provide meals and help support needy family's' in our school district.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

See you this Saturday morning. 45 tables of gear you need as of now.

We will have free door prizes register and drawings at 10am, 11am, and 12pm.

Coffee and muffins will be available in the morning.

Lunch available on a donation basis, drinks, hot dogs, chili dogs, chips, salmon chowder, and fried salmon nuggets for lunch!

Vendors set up from 7am-8:30am. I will collect the $10 per table donation after everyone is set up. Pull up 3 vehicles at a time under the awning and we will have helpers and carts ready to unload everything into the lobby so you can park. Then we'll help carry everything to your table inside the gym.

Early birds can show up at 8:30 and get in early with a $5 donation.

Free admission after 9am.

396230_2636549477621_804546015_n.jpg

Thanks everyone, it was a great time again for sure. The new space was awesome, and lots and lots of folks turned out. Big thanks to everyone who came out and lended a hand. We managed to raise nearly $700 for the kids ministries and area food programs. Thanks you all! Good gear, good friends, good cause, good time.

Also thanks to Steve (Westwind) for frying up the salmon nuggets for everyone. They were great. Also all the folks who did the baked goods, lunch, sales, cleanup, you make this easy to do.

Thanks to Fish On, Outdoorsman Pro Shop, Lakeshore Outfitters, Catchabunch Charters, Bigby Coffee, and everyone who donated for the door prizes, also congrats to the winners.

My son (8) was hilarious. Running around with a wad of cash from gear he sold at my table, lol, he made out like a bandit. Free fishing pole, turkey call, arrows, spoons, hat, rain poncho, worms, and more. Dad, check out that crossbow, it's my size. Dad I need $7 more for that BB gun. Dad, I need a reel now for my free rod. Awesome stuff!

Got some great gear, saw many friends and got to meet many new ones as well.