rod tree question

a local sporting good store has michigan stinker bird tree rod holders on sale for around $75.00 each.anyone use this type of tree? would this be a good investment? they look well made and i think they would held keep things organized.

depending on what ur looking for. Are they double, trip, quads? Track or permanent? I dont believe the are adjustable or swivel. If mine didnt swivel they would grab docks bad. Just food for thought. 2 trees for $150 does sound nice too!!:grin:

Any pictures of them? I bought a set of trees at the swap meet in Grandville MI last year for $75 for the pair that a guy made. They looked pretty good to begin with, but I did some work to them to make them work with my set up better (cut them down and made them swivel).

gander mtn in flint mi had them on clearance for the $75.00 each, i bought

two. also picked up two big jon capt'n pack silver manual downriggers for $124.00 each.i keep telling the wife that i'm saving money by getting everything on clearance.so far it's working!

p.s: to danthebuilder yes those.

Hi, You guys use the trees for the just the inline boards?

I have run a Dipsey in my bottom tree rod holder. It just depends on my spread. I built a set of quad trees 3 or 4 years ago and they are the best thing ever for running boards. I run a big spread of 10 boards when conditions are right. There is no way I would even attempt this without trees. The rods stay forward and out of the way while you bring in a fish.

I have run a Dipsey in my bottom tree rod holder. It just depends on my spread. I built a set of quad trees 3 or 4 years ago and they are the best thing ever for running boards. I run a big spread of 10 boards when conditions are right. There is no way I would even attempt this without trees. The rods stay forward and out of the way while you bring in a fish.

Any chance of getting some details on how you constructed the trees? I have been looking at building a set of my own and would like to see how others have done it.

Greg