Squids

Pioneer

Tuesday we used Blue bubble fly and blue glow squids on DW Spin Doc's down 100 and 83 both caught fish, the difference is the squids have a better Hook set up than the fly's. The tandem single hooks give a better hook up than the single treble on the fly. (reason) Wider gap and better angle to the point than a treble hook. I still have about 100 Squids and I use them often.

I fondly remember the Michigan squids as the premiere bait in the 80's and 90's. They do still work well, if you can find them. The green glow and clown glows were most popular, but any glow color should work ok.

Edited by Rascal Trophy Fishing
add more information

I still use squids for lakers. I get them from cabelas in a ten pack for like 6 bucks Bass Pro has some in the ten packs also but not as many colors. There is also a guy on ebay that sells what are called radiant squids. They have UV and Glow. Thier glow is the longest lasting of the ones i have been using latley.

Come on Chris, We have them:) also have a couple new colors coming that we are having special made. Shoot me a email in about a month if your not in a hurry and I will send you some, BW

red/uv

black/uv

uv

blue/glow

md/glow

green/glow plus 2 new colors coming

Edited by bigweenie
added colors

I use them and work good but i have been using them inside of my fly's instead of beads and with great results. I think it bulk them up and double glow... its been hot this year... hope this helps

SSSHHHHHH!!!!! dont give it away. We have been doing the same thing with the 2.5 inch glow squids for years. and i agree it really works well.