Any Alpena guys want to check out a boat for me?

sslopok

There is a boat at Signature Motors in Alpena right on US 23 that I am interested in. Just don't want to drive from Flint Area only to find out it is a pile. I know it is a long shot. Just hoping someone lives real close and likes to look at boats:) Would be willing to ship someone some new spoons for checking it out. If willing please pm me. If not, looks like a road trip!

Thanks,

Brandon

I called and talked to John. He said that the guy looking at it wasn't wanting to pay full price and didn't want to leave a deposit. Kinda feel bad now that your buddy was the guy.

Brandon

Don't feel bad feel glad. Money talks and BS walks. Ya snooze ya loose. What else is appropriate?? Offers with out a deposit are not often taken seriously. I'm sure not bashing anyone but that's the way it is in the real world.

Hehe Frank,

Sundays most people don't put down deposits seeing how banks aren't open, and those who have jobs aren't always free to do their browsing on weekdays :)

Also the boat had several issues :) prolly a better thing they didnt get it.

The motor would pop out of the water during turns?! The boat doesnt stand up on take off. Full throttle, the prop pops out of the water(yes with the trim ALL the way down) Back seats wont come out! Steering and throttle cables are super stiff. The boat was also a repo boat. But if Brandon did end up getting the boat, i hope it all works out for him!!!

I personally could care less if the person i knew got the boat or not! hehe

Hey TJ, Like Paul Harvey used to say "The rest of the story". There is always more than is on the surface and I'm glad you brought it out.:thumb:

The only thing if there was any kind of an offer presented and accepted there is usually a good faith deposit with a check, CC, cash, watch, first born child, etc., no mater when the deal takes place. Exceptions to this include friends and relatives where misunderstandings and hard feelings are really likely to happen.:lol: If there was a deal on that boat, shame on the seller. I always look at missed opportunities as a blessing in disguise.

Yea. Unfortunately John is the same age as me, and the original buyer. We're all pretty good friends.. We were all kind of shocked that he would do that. But he's in it to make a buck i guess.

He is actually much happier he didnt end up buying the boat because of all the issues, it was a blessing in disguise for sure.

Just got back from picking up the boat. The boat is really clean and all the issues can easily be corrected. I don't know much about what went down with much, but John was upfront about the issues with me. The motor can easily be dropped down a notch. With all used stuff though, you definitely absorb some risk. Only time will tell though.

Thanks guys,

Brandon

I tried to post the pic in this thread, but it says I may not post attachments. I did post the pics in the gallery under boats. I fat fingered it though and put 2002 instead of 2003

Frank,

Do you have a house right on the bay? I think I saw Priority one on my way up to Alpena.

I tried to post the pic in this thread, but it says I may not post attachments. I did post the pics in the gallery under boats. I fat fingered it though and put 2002 instead of 2003

Frank,

Do you have a house right on the bay? I think I saw Priority one on my way up to Alpena.

Yes I do. Next time through stop on in. It's always good to put a face with a name. This is the first year my boat sat out. She's usually tucked in every night in her own bay in my garage.:)

Whatg boat doesn't have issues???? New ones might be the worst!! Prop coming out of water your pin is in wrong spot! Saturday Sunday Monday......bottom line don't go looking if u can't buy or secure what your looking at! Am I the only on that thinks like this???[GVIDEO][/GVIDEO]