Well as Jimmy said, it's too early to put the boat away, the fishing is still great :thumb:

Met my rider for the day, Mike, at the launch at 6:30. Had a feeling it was going to be a busy morning so only got out two downrigger rods and two leads. Motored out to 90 FOW strait out from the piers and started setting lines heading West. We got the lines set without incident but then it got busy. The downriggers with glow spoons on main lines and free sliders were on fire. The setups were Raspberry Carbon Moonshine on the rigger at 40 with a Flounder Pounder free slider and Mag Hot Lobster Silverstreak on the rigger at 54 with a Glow Yellow Tail Silverstreak free slider. At one point the Hot lobster and the Yellow tail both had fish on them (unfortunately we didn't get them both in the boat :lol:) We made it out to 150 FOW before there was a break in the action and we had 5 in the box, a mix of cohos and kings from 3-6 lbs.

We started turning around to head back thru the water and got a hit on the Raspberry carbon. He took of to the port side of the boat and we knew he was a good fish. I ended up moving the lead on that side to the otherside of the boat so he wouldn't get tied up. When that fish was within 20 feet of the boat, the other rigger and 10 color go off simataneously, the first triple ever on my boat :D. Mike nets his fish while I hold his pole and the other rigger pole while the lead it screaming out. I get my fish up to the boat and it's hooked in the side and half the skin is ripped off the side. As he was coming in the net the hook pulled out and he swam away (I don't know how, half skinned like that). Mike gets the other fish in the boat (on a mag Easter Egg Silverstreak). Those two ended up being 14 and 12 lb kings. It was 8:30 and we had 7 in the box.

After that it went dead. We went back and forth thru that water a few more times with only a few hits and one small keeper that we threw back, hoping we would need room in the cooler for something else. We made our way out to 170 with no better luck finally got a hit on a tip from Dirty Dog but lost that one before we saw it. The last fish of the day came on a braid Mag dipsey set on 3 out 250. That was a 10 lb Coho and hit a Chrome/Kevorkian SD and a Purple/Glow fly (don't know the name or brand). We called it a day at just before 11 with the waves building from the East wind.

Overall, we were 9 for 14 or 15, and it was the best day either of us have ever had. There were 3 Coho and 6 King. SOG was 2.6 mph. Best water was 100-140. Good luck out there.

img_20110917_114636.jpg

Hi Ben, I was out of holland last night and could not keep my sliders from tangling. Thought maybe because it was too rough and the rock of the boat was pulling the slider down to the mainline. Could it be that it was too rough?

Thanks for your report as well. I knew we should have gone early.

Good fishin, Dave

Hi Ben, I was out of holland last night and could not keep my sliders from tangling. Thought maybe because it was too rough and the rock of the boat was pulling the slider down to the mainline. Could it be that it was too rough?

Thanks for your report as well. I knew we should have gone early.

Good fishin, Dave

I'm not sure what to tell you, are you saying the sliders are tangling with each other or with the main line? I've never had problems. I would make sure you have enough tension on the mainline so that the slider isn't sliding all the way down the line. Also, don't put the slider on until your downrigger is as far down as you are going to put it.

I had never had problems either although I just started using them too. They were tangling with the mainline. I thought maybe cause it was rough and the boat was rocking pretty good. That was the biggest change from anything before. Another question though, can you adjust depth of ball up or down with a slider on?

Anyway, just read your report with fish on the sliders and got me thinkin.

Thanks, Dave