Boat projects

Soons the weather starts getting warm enough I allways like to get it all cleaned up and give it a good wax job.:D If the darn weather don't hurry up and let me get my boat out soon. I probly wil not be able to make it to the brown blast. :mad: I took everything out of it last year and have to get it all back in.

Caznik:cool:

Same here. It's been in the shop for the past month (just got it back Fri.) and I need to get crackin on getting all my new goodies installed. I was hoping to have everything done prior to April but it will be a fat chance that will happen.

This years upgrades were:

Buff out & seal the gelcoat

striping & graphics

(Durabak) antiskid for the floor

Humminbird 981C

8 Berts Rod Holders

Speed & Temp

trim tabs

I am planning to add a bimini to the arch and repaint the antifoul but that will likely be done post blast.

New bearings and brakes on the trailer. Boat got a new aluminum downrigger board that we made from some salvaged sq tube stock. A swim platform, new 150 qt cooler. 4 new Scotty rod holders on the sides. 4 new SS homemade rod holders on downrigger board. Lights in downrigger board. 12V outlet in Downrigger board. Clean interior and exterior and a coat of wax. I painted the trailer just before laying it up for the Winter. 2- 55w halogen lights on the HT shining on the fishing area. Move the anchor light from the front of the HT to the rear (this son of a gun glared on my windshield at night). Heading out to the garage to finish up a few things. Oh! I made an Outdrive stand out of a 4 wheel hardwood dolly, and need to pull outdrive to grease the U joints and check impellor and gimble bearing etc.:)

Trilakes Marine (Union) Eagle Lake Marine (Edwardsburg) Hildebrand Marine (Coldwater) all three have done work for me and are good. Really depends on how far you want to go and what you need. For impossible to find parts, opt for the 3rd.

Depending upon where your are at there are a few that are good. But being an old omc you might want to take it to wolfs marina in Benton harbor or Brians just down the road. They have alot of expirence with omc outdrives. Just ask my Dad.

He Said Its Not A Tough Jod Its A Seal For What He Referd To As A Stearing Gear I Can See Wear It Was But Do Not Not Anything About Working On It So I Gess I Can Give Him 200 To Do It And If It Not Write He Can Do It Again

• 1 month later...

Long List...

Replaced aft wood railings with new hand made mahogany railings

Replaced Teak steps with new hand made mahogany steps

Replace bow pulpit with a new hand made mahogany one

Replaced transom door with hand made new one

Installed two nicro solar fans for cabin air circulation

Sent all four down riggers to Big Jon for tune ups and auto stop installation.

Remounted two downriggers further aft and had all old holes patched and gel coated

Installed cable caps for the 4 downriggers and the camera

Built and installed new sup breaker panel for downriggers and aux lighting

Ran new main circuit to buss bars to organize wiring mess

Had auto pilot remote cable replaced

Had two old cable pass through holes patched and gel coated

Had the chips and stress cracks in the exhaust ports repaired

Had two gel coat voids repaired

I filled all old unused mounting holes in cockpit floor (West System Epoxy GREAT STUFF!!!)

New bottom paint

Had unused through hull tranducer removed, patched and gel coated

Washed and waxed her

Did complete tune up and oil changes on both engines ( need to set timing)

Rebuilt both raw water pumps

Having custom sheets made for the berth

WORK to be done...

Fix wiring mess

Need to refinish the trim I did not replace

Need to replace choke assy's

Need to replace holding tank sensor

I am sure I am forgetting somethings...lol

Tight lines...