Muskegon where to start in these conditions

This is my first go around in fall fishing ( I always used a borrowed trailer and the fella needed it back for Labor Day) I looked at the temp map and the water is in the mid sixties out if front. Where would a person with some years of experience start tomorrow morning. We were out last Saturday and didn't do very well 2 for 2 and about four more 1/2 second rips on the dipsey, with nobody home. I ran into to kids at the boat ramp that were 6 for 8 in front of the sand docks. Any suggestions will be appreciated

Swede

If it were me, and I will be there tommorow. I would go straight out and drop in at 150 fow. outside the nets. Troll west and find your best water. Last weekend we stayed at the pier heads and pulled 3. Then ran to 150 and went west, we picked at them all the way to 350. was at the dock at 11. we went 11 for 16. Best spoons were stinger freakin veggies on 150 copper,150 copper with craigs x-mas reverse, 75 copper with stinger inmate, rigger with 11" white pro troll with 36" lead to uv oceana fly @ 100 back 100 down. 300 copper with double glow silver horde plug, full core with stinger orange edge gator, and rigger with stinger uv monsoon @ 85 down.

Thanks for the response. I will be out Friday AM. I will let you know when I return. Are the nets in the same general area as they were last week??

Looks like I have to break out the cold weather gear for the AM.

Thanks Again

All plans are subject to change. I launched the boat, at Cottage Grove as usual, a little later than normal, about 0630. I went to take off and hit something in the water. I then had a bad vibration when I throttled up and attempted to plane out. I did not want to scrap the day so we idled are way to the channel and fished there and in Muskegon Lake. Today was many first. The first time I ruined a prop so bad the boat shook (and I have bent some props in the Muskegon river) The first time I ever caught a fish in the channel, and the first time I ever caught a salmon in

Muskegon Lake. We went 3 for 5 the biggest was 21 pounds, the others were 15lb and 16lb. We saw a lot of fish caught today in both the channel and the sand docks. Thanks to Nailer and Spoonfed for the information yesterday. I had full intentions of heading out deep for immature fish, the ones I prefer on the platter. This was my 54th trip in the old Slickcraft , and this was the only time I had a problem that altered my plans. I'm afraid the only thing I can tell you about fishing out deeper is the waves were more like 1-2 feet. Oh yes, and it was cold this morning. Thanks again Swede

Swede - Lorenz Propeller can do a repair for you if you are in the Muskegon area. Pretty reasonalble too - I've had my 2 done a few times over the years. Southern Ave and Seaway Drive on NE side of intersection - just drop it off and they will have it ready in a few days. I had one so bad it looked like Elephant man and they only charged about $30 same as for much less damage. Welded, ground, balanced and painted.

Hope you got a spare so you can get out over the weekend.