late fall help..

jgaul

so, now that the big run will be ending soon, I don't want to stop fishing. With that in mind, what is next?? Still find that 55 degree water and look for immature kings?? See the latest reports I am thinking 100 fow or more?? :confused: With fewer and fewer guys fishing with bow season coming up, I thought I would ask now before there are little or no reports. I won't winterized until late Nov. or Dec. Any advice would be great...

I run out to where I fished the end of the summer or where we caught fish the last trip out and start by running a spread and covering many different depths. Once you start taking strikes or marking bait/fish adjust to that depth. Fall fishing can be AWSOME------fishing is good and no traffic. Just watch out for the weather, it starts to become unpredictable near the winter and the number of days you can make it is diminished.

Last year we went out in mid Octboer (6/9, steelies, 340'), twice in November, both times in 15-20' (4 lakers, 2 steelies, a brown and a coho) and once in Dcemeber, right on the beach (2 lakers, a king and a steelie).

Laker season runs to Halloween this year. I'm stocking fruit wood for the smoker.