Finally the waves settled down enough to make fishing enjoyable. Ventured out to my honey hole in 180FOW and set gear. Fished everything deep. Flasher / Flies were the hot bite today. Riggers set at 149,105,85 (SWR) braided dipsys at 200 and 205 LOC, 300' copper, and 10 color with a 4oz dive bomb. Copper and riggers did the majority of damage. Had a 2 man limit in about 3 hours of fishing all 3 year old kings with the exception of a really nice coho.

To the gentlemen who block the gaps and the boats (charter and non-charter) I hope those nasty zombie fish are worth the risk of getting sunk. I have added torpedos to the boat and I am not talking about the divers.......

Jim I was trying to raise you all morning on 68

Edited by killerbe20
cleaning up

Adam , we didn't make it out until 830 am . it seems that the crew that was suppost to go changed there minds , at least one of them. My son and I went out to 240 with all the warm water, tried for an while pulled gear and headed out to 350 , had riggers set from 130pm up to 60. Nick pick up one off a KJ fly and hot spot flasher,. only bite we had all day . Came in from 350 about 130, tried the river for a while and gave up. We had a blast on the ride out to 350 and back. I think I had the whole boat out of the water once or twice.

Glad to hear you did well. I think we should have been out earlier. Next time the bus leaves on time . no excesses..

I cant' get out early next Saturday , but I hope to on Sunday.

Hope the water is cooler and the fish are closer. Had the radio on didn't hear ya. it is possible I had it on the wrong channel .

Jim

To the gentlemen who block the gaps and the boats (charter and non-charter) I hope those nasty ass zombie fish are worth the risk of getting sunk. I have added torpedos to the boat and I am not talking about the divers.......

Were you have problems with the hoards of boats in the gaps?

I hate that the main gap is like a mine field of boats, everyone is trolling, jogging, and blocking the gaps in hopes of landing an oatmeal salmon. The biggest irking was the jerk who yelled some nonsense as we were passing by claiming that we were too close. What I really wanted to do was put down just my downrigger balls and drive past the back of his boat and snag all of his lines. However I wasnt gonna let a jerk get to me. I just waited until I cleared the gap, buried the throttle and waked him a little....

Edited by killerbe20
cleaning up

I hate that the main gap is like a mine field of boats, everyone is trolling, jogging, and blocking the gaps in hopes of landing an oatmeal salmon. The biggest irking was the jerk who yelled some nonsense as we were passing by claiming that we were too close. What I really wanted to do was put down just my downrigger balls and drive past the back of his boat and snag all of his lines. However I wasnt gonna let a jerk get to me. I just waited until I cleared the gap, buried the throttle and waked him a little....

Thats September on Lake Michigan everybody owns the Gaps or pierheads, and they all want to run long lines and boards. Not worth the grief we have been going out 6 to 7 miles 120 to 150 FOW and catching 2 and 3 year olds for the last 3 weeks. I got one fish at the pier heads in St Joe and left too many jerks and always 1 gotta go against the pattern. Good luck on the westside. If u ever want to try St Joe PM me and we can hook up my boat is in the slip all season long.

Edited by killerbe20
cleaning up

I had a little confrontation with a shore fisherman? He had his line way out into the river, had my balls down 17 ft a good 150ft or more from the wall . We started turning and this guy lights me up calling me all the names in the book , while my rod is telling me he's hooked. I don't call people names like that and the fact that he was way out of line screaming at me . I yanked the rod as hard as I could and broke his line. If you are going to fish from shore be aware that there is traffic and it does troll. I am sure he packed up right after that cause a big freighter went down the river. churned up soo much muck the dirty water turned to chocolate milk. While I troll the river I keep a reasonable distance from the shore fishermen , if they have to get out where the traffic is they are taking there chances. Last weekend I trolled the river with way too many boats in there , didn't have any problems .

Edited by killerbe20
cleaning up