Slide Divers knicking up lines

i just use braid, and i use the lite bite slide diver, and i dont even use it as a slide diver most of the time. i fish for walleye on erie and i just use it like a regular diver. i just like the lite bite feature. i was having to much trouble with the small fish not tripping the other divers. so i switched to the lite bites and tie to the diver and use about an 8 ft leader. and with the lite bite set on the lightest setting and the main arm setting set to not give me a bunch of false releases. even the white perch and white bass and yellow perch will trip the diver just about every time. and i still catch fish. and dont spend most of the day draging little fish around. so unless they are just being very picky i dont need a longer leader.

you are the first person i,ve heard about having a problem with them. i would just guess you need a heavier line or switch to braid. if you switch to braid i would reccomend 50 lb test, then tie on a good floro leader, like seaguar.

you have this problem, fill you reel full of braided line then a 40ft leader of 40lb, 30lb gets snapped off to easy, some charters had the same problem, after going to 40 the problem goes away from losing divers, trust me we lost a ton of slide divers this year...

I've been using slide divers since the day they came out, I have always used 30#line and never had a problem. As Matt said i now run 40# power pro and splice a 30 ft leader of 30# big game on. I've tried using about every brand of florocarbon but the diver wants to cheat down the line . Check the brass for knicks as others have stated.