FUN hunt

Adam Bomb

Found some birds on Monday morning and finally tracked down the land owner Monday evening when he got home from his vacation. Very nice fellow, said no to start with cause a hunter in years past had the balls to cut some limbs on his planted pines and made a blind in the field and then didnt clean up the mess!!!! So, the farmer who leases the land had to take care of it.:mad:(wise up people this type thing is EXACTLY why access to land is SO TOUGH!!! Treat peoples property like you borrowed someones brand new $40,000 truck) So, i explained to him that we would be using layout blinds, and be out in the field and would just use the wheat stubble the farmer left behind to brush in my blinds. He said, ok, thats fine, have fun.:) Got to talking and he does some fishing. Had OK success on the bay and poor on Lake M for salmon. So, i told him not to worry, id hook him up with some fish in the morning, both walleye and salmon. Was there at least 45 minutes talking with him and this winter we're gonna do some ice fishing together....boy was he beaming when i gave him the fish. Said, just in time on the walleye as im out!:thumb:

To the hunt. It was a disked wheat stubble. Cover was very sparse and very low. I was worried about our hide because of profile. The ground was kinda sandy though so we were able to sit in the furrow and dig down where the bars for the head and gun rest were and that allowed us to drop the blinds a bit.stripped off 3/4 of the wheat stubble that was on the blinds from our standing wheat hunts to match the dirt/wheat mix in this field. Twist and bent over and made the wheat on the blinds look real ragged for realism...Looked great, but i was still skeptic...until the birds started coming. Apparently our hide was great as they responded well to calling and our spread. Cupped and locked, we shot em close! We ended up with 6 and should have limited, but had some rust early, er i mean bent barrels.:no::lol: Had a ton of fun hunting with my Dad.:thumb:

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00976.jpg