big boards?

jay d

i love my z boards,all 10 of them:D i like the big boards early and late season for running flat lines along the beach.i think they spooke the browns a lot less than the inlines just didnt have a set on this boat.also i ordered a set of planer reels for the new boat so i now need big boards:lol:

Jay, the best ones are home made. Do a google search for plans for them. Redwood is best but can be hard to come by. Any other dense hardwood will do, just be sure to paint and seal any and all areas. You can play a banjo on my homemades line.

they sometimes have some nice homemade boards on ebay. might be worth checking out. i bought mine at the karren shop in geneva ohio. and i couldnt put all the good things about them in here. i,ve used them running as slow as 1.5 mph for walleye and they still work great. i,ve used them in 3 to 4 fters and they worked awesome. just cant say enough good things about them.

sherman

When BIG board performance comes calling, this system is the answer! Best performing system ive ever used. 42" 1x10 pine, epoxy painted for durability with custom stainless hardware, multiple attachment points and rudder system. Coupled with 0.080" round weedwacker line thats silicone coated and used with offshore releases, there are no match. They pull out to the sides, take any water you wanna throw at em. Just be sure you have a sturdy mast. Also, if you have electric reels youll have to turn to them to bring them in or theyll pop the breaker. These are beasts!

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

I used to run my home made double boards up until last year when I switched to otters. The old ones that I made pulled good and hard but were a pain to pull in so had to aim the boat toward them to get them in easier. Now no problem with the otters as once you start to reel them in real fast they turn in and come in like a breeze. I also like the way they glide over the waves and not jump like my old boards did. Seems a lot of folks on Lk. O get the keel kit to add a second lighter keel to their boats and claim they will pull a lot harder. I haven't had the need to go that route yet.

i had otter boats on a different boat and they dont pull as hard as i want,the big belly in the line drove me nuts.i have read threds where guys are talking about adding another keel to them and they pull great.just not sure how they are doing it.i really like the bombers boards,with the adjustable rudder i think they would do exactly what i am looking for.now to find someone who could fab up something along that line.

the Redwood Boards from Amish Outfitters are the hardest pulling boards I've ever seen. They put the modified otterboats to shame. AO claims their plastic boards pull even harder.

http://www.amishoutfitters.com

The descriptions page on the site is missing a lot of pictures for some reason, but I have the redwood boards and they absolutely do work as advertised.

Tim