Sturgeon Bay September 3, 4

We headed out Saturday morning to do a little fishing in the rain and it turned out to be a pretty good morning of fishing. Our most productive water was in the 140's and 150's with a mix of spoons and flies. Riggers and dipsies had the majority of the action but we also took a few hits on copper and core. Riggers down 50 to 75, divers back 150 to 200, 7 colors of lead and 200 copper. Our most productive speed was 2.8 to 3. Moonshine spoons and glow flies behind white flashers were most productive. We ended up 12 for 18 on the morning, all kings.

IMG-20110903-00088.jpg

On Sunday the wind held off just enough for my dad and I to get out and do some fishing. We started out on the bank and made a pass with only a couple fish to show for it so we turned back south and started angling out a bit deeper. We ended up finding some decent fishing from 180 to 220 FOW. Riggers, divers, and long lines were all taking fish but our 7 color was doing the best with a stinger killer dolphin. Flounder pounder was also doing well on copper and riggers as well as our ITO flies (lime bubble and green bullfrog) on the divers. We ended the day 10 for 11 at 10:30 with our limit and headed in.

IMG-20110904-00092.jpg

Nice work Kyle wish I would have seen you at the landing. We were out after the rain Saturday and were 13/15 from 2pm to 5:30 missed the peak time but a good run. Then hit it sunday early and did great should have had our 3 man limit by 7am but the would not stick. We started 1-7 in the first half hour couldent even get the full spread out ended up 9-18 or so lost track of the hits. We did get 1 25# 4year old, solid fish and the guy that caught it was on his first salmon trip ever. He is hooked!!

Nice work Kyle wish I would have seen you at the landing. We were out after the rain Saturday and were 13/15 from 2pm to 5:30 missed the peak time but a good run. Then hit it sunday early and did great should have had our 3 man limit by 7am but the would not stick. We started 1-7 in the first half hour couldent even get the full spread out ended up 9-18 or so lost track of the hits. We did get 1 25# 4year old, solid fish and the guy that caught it was on his first salmon trip ever. He is hooked!!

Duke, sounds like you guys had some good trips, and nice fish, we didn't get into anything big. We started a bit North on Sunday and we didn't have much of a morning bite. Majority of our fish didn't come until after 7 or so when we got back down to the South end. I wish we would have started down there. You wouldn't have seen us at the landing, we slip at the Yacht Harbor and put in and out there. Feel free to stop by if you see us around some time.

Very nice Kyle. Those fish are a very silver. They look nice and big for next years fish.

That's pretty much the same think I was the same think I was thinking Ken.:thumb: