Been tough trying to get out in the main lake fishing due to the wind /waves , but it finally let up enough today to get out after the morning storm. Set up in 70 feet zigzaged between 85 and 100 picking up a single fish in the first hour. Seeing that it was calm enough I decided to pull lines and run out deep. The water we were in had a temperature on top of 68 and down 60 at about 43. Ran out to 230 and set lines , surface temp at or about 70 and down 60 bath warm at 66-68 . Didn't matter after washing baits for about an hour and making the decision to pull lines in 5 and run back in to 180 the first of 2 doubles starts and would continue for the next 2 hours after changing baits to a frog pattern . Made four passes and the longest time without a fish on was about 15 minutes .

Nick had one hit right after he set the board on . Rain move in and while pulling lines one last fish again on the 8 color with the same frog pattern. Had one bite off flasher fly. ITO (KJ) .

m_p9030009.jpg

m_p9030012.jpg

1 shaker Coho

1 Lake trout

1 King

6 Rainbows

Tight Lines

Jim

Wish you lots of luck small craft advisory just went up, going to be breezy.

We were suppost to go early but with the storms we (I) slept later. There were a good amount of boats fishing the gaps and harbor. If its not too bad I may try the north gap for a while . Have you been out deep this year? Could not believe the action out there today.

Fishing deep has been the ticket all year for me, the gas bill sucks but if your fishing dead water then I figure that's more of a waste of gas. Thanks for the report heading out in a few hours to try my luck....

Hope you have a bigger boat , 3-6 feet tonight , and sucks through Saturday .