Moment of Glory

steeliebob

Ever had one of those bosses that just makes your skin crawl. Prior to being laid off from my old job three years ago, I had a boss that was a real company man who would sell his wife and kids if it was for the good of the company. Me on the other hand I hated every minute that I worked there because of him. After getting laid off I moved on to a much better job. I recently bought a new Jeep Liberty 4x4 and it is pretty awesome. Yesterday a rusty old green chevrolet pickup sat at a stop sign waiting for me to make a left turn. Inside of that truck sat my former boss. As I went by he waved and I waved back. I knew he must be thinking wow what a nice Jeep. I looked at the old green truck in my rearview mirror and thought I hope that truck runs forever. With the annual 15 cent an hour payraise that the company gives out you will never be able to afford one like this. I drove on down the road smiling and thinking I am sooo happy that I don't have that job and boss anymore.

Great story an I do not want to deflate it but you can't judge what a person drives. When I go fishing the brand new 2011 company car sits in the driveway and my wife sporty grand prix GT sits in the driveway and I use the 94 suburban with 300 k on it to pull the boat.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still smiling and nothing against beater vehicles some make great transportation or boat haulers. I just hated that job so much and your supervisors made foing to work there horrible but somtimes you suck it up to support the family. I sucked it up there for 14 long years, now it is nice to see your old boss and get a chuckle.

Boy can I relate to this. When this guy took over for the old boss things went down hill. Some people on here know of my last two years after being laid off and some of the stuff I went through. This guy would do anything to pick specifically on me and one other guy in our dept. He really didn’t like that the two of us went back to school to better ourselves. He even told me one day that I had a choice between my career there and school. Well I chose school. Anyone could do whatever they wanted but if I did the exact same thing I would get yelled at written up stuff like that. He would purposefully give me things to do to interfere with my regular job duties and then write you up for not doing your job properly. He cut my hours and nobody else’s trying to get me to quit, and then finally laid me off. I used to expect every morning to walk in and be told I didn’t have a job. Then the spineless punk called me on a vacation day to tell me I was laid off. He didn’t even have the cahoneys to call me in to the office and let me go:mad:.

I found out a couple weeks ago that my old boss that made my life a living hell for 4 years was demoted :D. Took a HUGE pay cut less than I was making when I was there, and because of it had to get rid of his antique cutlass, then file bankruptcy :D. Now I have heard that he complains daily as he is doing my old job and being treated the same way he treated me :D:D. When I heard all this it put a huge smile on my face:D:D:D. Now that I have graduated and have a much better job I really wish I could run in to him and rub it in. I guess that is what they mean by what comes around goes around.

• 4 months later...

Bob, good story...I know the "company" you are referring to. It reminds me of a comment made to me one morning by one of my bosses.....he followed me into the parking lot one morning .....and I said good morning to him after getting out of our respective vehicles.....his comment to me was " nice ride"....my " ride" was an old '94 Saturn....which I use for transportation to and from work..... Since I have to buy my own fuel.....his " ride" was a newer automobile provided by the "company".....oh and his fuel is provided......I just said to him....."same to you"....and walked into the office.....I just consider the source.