Port Sheldon 9\1 AM w/ Sargent John

Fished out of PS with Sargent John, decorated 2 time Soldier who fought for us in Iraq, and his first time Salmon fishing on the big lake. Fought Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom, helped capture Sadam Hussein, so I figured I owed him a good time and that's just what happend! We fish from 6:30-12:00 and went 7/16 North out of PS. Boated 4 Kings, 3 Coho. Largest King was near 20lbs. Fished in 70-100 early and hit 6 fish, boated 3, then went out to 115-130 and hooked 5 more boated 2, then moved to 135-160 and hooked 5 more and boated the last 2. We lost a couple big pigs, one bent the rod more than in half, and let me tell you, John is tough and this big King put him to the test. Broke the line, but hey that was our first fish and John came back like a good soldier and put a whoopin' on the rest of the fish.

What seemed to work best:

NW or NE troll, 3.2 SOG, 2.6 at the ball

Riggers fired from 54-80 down depending on depth we were in

Flounder Pounder, Lemon Ice, Green Froggie spoons

High Divers on 3 back 120-150

Low Divers on 1 back 170

Divers with 8" SD Blue or Greens with matching flies

250 Copper went 3 times with 10" Green Paddle and fly.

SGT John fought all the fish, handled em' like a true pro! We are proud of the men and women who serve and it was my deepest pleasure to take John out and "hook him up" !

Picture attached for you to enjoy, John is far right holding a nice King. :thumb:

picture.php?albumid=203&pictureid=522

Good looking fish Dan. Glad you were able to get out. I have a feeling that it wasn't about the fish in the box today as much as the respect to John who has served our nation with dignity. That's what it's all about my friend!!!! Nice Job and God Bless...---Bob