Advice on lures wanted

I really appreciate all I learn from this site. What would be helpful for newbies like me is more pictures. I am still learning :grin:. I am wondering if someone can post some pictures of spinnies and flies and of other lures that are hot right now. I am not up on all of the lingo spoken here (I have caught on to some but just learning). I am taking my 3 boys out this weekend (probably to the Whitehall area). Thanks. You guys rock :thumb:.

Joel

I go through the fishing reports & have an extra browser window open up google images and type the names everyone posts. Add spoon or fly to the end of the search. Another thing is don't be afraid to go into the bait shop & ask em 'I heard X was hot... can you show me what this is?' They love when you ask them that because they know you're going to spend $5 more than if you didn't ask that question.

Michigan Stinger has spoon charts with names and photos of their spoons on their website. Different spoon manufactures have similar names and variations of colors but it is a place to start. A few years ago I printed these on a color printer and threw them in my fishing log book for refrence.

Get a moonshine regular flounder pounder and moonshine happy meel, both of mine are magnums. The happy meal has been very good on a 7 color of leadcore and the flounder had caught fish from a 2 color for bows, to the slide diver, to a rigger. I like to glow it up late morning when the suns up and run it down on a rigger 15 feet off the bottom on a 50 foot lead or longer.

http://moonshinelures.com/images/2011charts/colorchart2011_pg2.jpg

Mid day I like michigans stingers bloody nose ( i guess its labeled sw stevie wonder)

Green Easter Egg from fishlander/warrior is another good one along with any dolphin, gree, blue carmal from mi stinger

I have charters Friday morning and evening and Saturday morning. I will be up to date with where the fishing is best and what colors are working. Message me or ask on channel 68 vhf. I have been catching alot of fish with northport nailer Belding bait. It is black white silver and orange. Big weenie blue or green fusion flys have been hot behind stinger frog plates. Water was warm this morning but fish were still biting good.