Senator Wants to Allow Free Fishing On Holidays

Jose

Crazy Senator wants to throw money away

So this Senator wants to allow anyone to fish on holidays without buying a license, even out of state visitors. I think this is a VERY bad idea and would be a huge loss to our DNR budget. Fishing on holidays is very busy as it is and I'm sure it would get even busier, which is seconday concern to all the money lost.

If anyone feels motivated im going to post the senators contact info and if you feel like it shoot her an email or give her a call and let her know if you oppose it. Hell contact her if you are for the bill too! To send an email to her you must visit her site and use the form on her webpage, there is no email given.

http://senate.michigan.gov/gop/senators/contact.asp?District=20

Mailing Address: Senator Tonya Schuitmaker

P.O. Box 30036

Lansing, MI 48909-7536

By Phone: (517) 373-0793

By Fax: (517) 373-5607

Well, here is my take on the matter. If the fishing licenses completely cover the costs of stocking the fish & pay for all the other DNR related stuff to fishing. I am 100% against law makers getting involved. If it doesn't cover it and and the Michigan tax payer subsidizes it. I am okay with the holiday weekend thing. They pay. Why not let them play... The people who fish 3x a year are not cleaning out the fishery.

Now the fip's... They need to pay to play.