Mountain Dew Spinnies

Looking for a little help here guys. I see mountain dew flashers reported all the time on here and I've bought 4 or so over the years. Anytime I fish them, they seem to be repellents more than attractors. So, would somebody mind sharing what color scheme works for you? There seems to be a number of them. i.e. white blade/chrome blade, mountain dew tape on one side/both sides, white crush glow tape on the other side?

Thanks!

For years, one of my most consistent combos has been the white MD/Crushed glow spinnie with a green crinkle howie fly. For some reason the smaller profile of the howie behind that blade seems to make a difference as I've tried the same pattern fly from other manufacturers in that combo and not done as well with it. Don't ask me why.

Tim

was out of holland this morning and chrome blade mt tape on front mt dew back , white blade mt dew, front glow slick tape on back ,clear balde mt dew on front u.v tape on back and lemon icicle all took fish with either green bead marige or green bead no seeum 14 for 22 with riggers and divers

port sheldon this morning i couldnt keep my 10in mtdew/glowcrushtape down for more then 10minutes. ran with a rapture hypnotist fly 30inches back. 8inch green dots with hitman mirage noseeum 21back also took a lot.

Our best is a White blade, Mountain Dew tape, glow crushed tape. Spin Doctor or Pro Troll.

We have just as good of luck on the Green Halo blades as well.

1d2n9841.jpgth_Mountain-Dew.jpg

One of my favorite and best setups. I use the hotspots without a fin though.

Aqua fly.

hey I am noticing the pics of the spin doctors are showing them with the fly hooking up on the side with fins (less movement) is this the way that works best?

That is how most every one uses them. That question gets asked often, and the response is mostly fin side.

It may be you -- I was having the same issue with all my gear until I sparyed it all down with WD-40. I guess some of us transfer L-Lysine to the lures, which after time can be a repellent. Call it crazy, or just a coincidence, but I did notice a difference.