Set out in the 50 fow out from the channel another morning of rough water 3-4 footers rollers started a south to north troll marking the staging of one of the first big runs of the season. Could not get a bite for nothing and waves continued to beat us up, so headed in around 10:30 stopped just past the mouth by 200 yds or so in Muskegon Lake in 40 fow hubs dropped a old pink jigging lure and within 5 minutes had first fish on, then 10 minutes later 2nd fish on same lure, some nice 18 pound darkies. Handed me the the pole and the fun began, had a hit and the fight began. After 20 minutes and begging the hubs to take the pole I pulled in a 22 pound silver female who just about whooped my behind. We finished the day 8 4 10 all nice hogs the kings are big this year. What a great day. Pink did the job

Whats fun about jigging is you feel the bite set the hook and then feel the rip of screaming line being pulled by a freight train, and the battle begins. The big ones this time of the year fight hard, shake the bait like a pit bull, and clear the water like a sailfin you see alot of fish winning the battle. All the fish we saw caught were mid teens to low 20's pound wise.:D