Left the ramp around 6 this morning with my good freind Dennis and his freind Jeff. We decided to drop the probe in 30fow to see if the down temp had changed and we found 46 degree water 10 down so we pointed the DOG south and hit the throttle and headed for Saugatuck. We set up about a mile to the north and set out 50 and 100 ft of 32lb Blood Run copper on both sides with j-plugs and silver hoards in any pearl or silver and green pattern, also 2 riggers with the same and 2 braid divers with mountain dew and green marige flys out 30 and 35 on 3.

And that is were the "mayhem" began, by the time we hit the Saugotuck peirs we were 5 for 9 with all kings in the 17 to 22 lb range. with "NOT A BOAT IN SIGHT"we worked the 20 to 40 feet range till around 9:30 and the water had warmed fast to a balmy 63 degrees.

At this point we headed west and found a nice mix of younger fish in the 130 to 150 ranged that fell for last friday evenings program of Mountain dew spinnys and marage flys on every rod. Wich consisted of riggers at 60 and 70 ,divers out 225 on 2,and 250,300 and 350ft of 32lb Blood run copper. We finished the morning going 16 for 25 with 1 coho, 1 brown, 10 kings and 4 lakers 1 kept 3 released.

and heres the catch.

6038441656730_orig.jpeg

Nice job Terry. I guess I have a dumb question for you- why did you go south when you initially checked the water temp? Did you want to avoid a bunch of people setting up on top of you or was that 46 degree water a little too cold?

Thanks for the great report.

Nice job Terry. I guess I have a dumb question for you- why did you go south when you initially checked the water temp? Did you want to avoid a bunch of people setting up on top of you or was that 46 degree water a little too cold?

Thanks for the great report.

Saugotuck get a MUCH biger run of fish than Holland , so I always try to go where the fish are the most plentyfull.:)

Two laps in the Holland channel last night, ended up 7/8 with 5 kings and two largemouth bass. Stick baits and plugs were best.

I will say the pleasure boat traffic was intense, but the scenery on the piers was awesome.....

Holland and Saugy get the same plants, Saugy gets a few more steelies. Oddly though, some days the fishing is better at one than the other, but mostly Saugy does better, if you don't mind gettting shoved around by charters.

Two laps in the Holland channel last night, ended up 7/8 with 5 kings and two largemouth bass. Stick baits and plugs were best.

I will say the pleasure boat traffic was intense, but the scenery on the piers was awesome.....

Holland and Saugy get the same plants, Saugy gets a few more steelies. Oddly though, some days the fishing is better at one than the other, but mostly Saugy does better, if you don't mind gettting shoved around by charters.

As I said, there was NO , other boats there yesterday period.