S/Ds, flashers/flys?

I am sure having a problem this year running these rigs. Can,t seem to keep them untangled no matter how straight I try to run. Running 4 riggers with the fly rigs on the two outside riggers and still get them messed up. What distance from the ball should I be running these and depths between them and the inside riggers? Distance between inside riggers and outside ones is 5'.

Is this enough clearance? Did well on full cores and dipseys today but I'd like to get those flasher/fly combos working also. Help would be appreciated.

Duane

Id run those on your two middle riggers and fish them the deepest with shorter leads of say 15-25'. Keep the balls 10' apart, shouldnt have any problems. Also, maybe get some longer booms on those out downs for more seperation.

If your really having problems staying shorter on the leads will help. Seperation will help as well. Maybe run the flashers on the divers and more spoons on the riggers?

If you start with 15 feet seperation on the riggers and leads short you would need really wicked current or to drive in complete circles to tangle them.

Get a 2 color leadcore with a spoon on your deepest rigger, once its down there it cant tangle in anything and it will catch you some fish.

I prefer to run three downriggers on my boat a 25 footer. One down the chute w/ flasher and fly and the two off the corners w/spoons. Also I always run flashers off my dipseys. Four downriggers can be a chore unless you have a large boat because you just can't get separation needed for the swing of the flashers. If you insist on four riggers stick with spoons or keep you leads real short. When the big kings are around I like to stay simple w/ a seven rod spread. Three riggers, two dipseys, and two boards. Nothing more frustrating than spending prime time untangling lines cause a king had a mind of it's own. More rods is not always better.

If your really having problems staying shorter on the leads will help. Seperation will help as well. Maybe run the flashers on the divers and more spoons on the riggers?

If you start with 15 feet seperation on the riggers and leads short you would need really wicked current or to drive in complete circles to tangle them.

Get a 2 color leadcore with a spoon on your deepest rigger, once its down there it cant tangle in anything and it will catch you some fish.

yes it will:thumb: the swr is workin great for me i run it every time out

Any real preference on what you like on swr. I have been going with a moonshine bloody nose, flounder pounder or a green dolphin.

I usually put a flasher about 10 feet higher and on a 30 to 40 foot lead.

Basically on top and and head of the spoon.

Thinking that the flasher should get there attention and if they bail out and drop down theres spoon all by itself there for an easy meal.

I have 20 footer and it is 9' wide and i run two riggers now, i use

to run 4 and all i got was tangles, my advice is two run two and

run dipseys and lead or copper and stay clean and you will catch

more fish , because you won't be tangled anymore, 6-7 clean rods

will do the job. My setup now is

2 riggers (sometimes i stack 2 nd rod on them)

2 dispeys

2 lead

1 copper down the shute....

Works for me....

It sounds to me like you need to shorten your stretch on your FF combos. We run four riggers and I usually have two FF combos on, but when the fly bit is hot I will run three. If I am running multiple FF combos I will use shorter leads and keep them at least 10' apart vertically. If you are fishing in rough conditions or there is a lot of current you may only be able to run two riggers to keep them from getting tangled.

Thanks for the help! I'm sure with the ideas presented we may be able to solve our problems. Have been running SWR 2 color and doing well with it either with a spoon or J-Plug. Full cores and dipseys have been doing well also. Just got to get those FF's working.

Duane