New Sonar/GPS

Im Looking to get a new unit i currently run an old bottom line tournament but i dont dont have GPS on this boat and Thats a must have on the big pond

im looking at a Eagle fishelite 640c i found one for $399 on sale it says orig $599 is this a decent unit?? or do any of you know about this unit should i wait and save up some more for a more exp or should i say better unit? if this one will do the trick let me know your thoughts and Thanks in advance:thumb:

Well, i have fished these greatlakes for over 30 years now and i

will tell you to buy the best you can afford, there is units out there that are okay to get buy on, but really i consider this a

very important part of my fishing and i don't skimp on things that

i need to rely on. Get the most for what you can afford that's

all i can say. Learned that lesson years ago to buy a good unit

versus buying a cheaper one only to have to buy another few years later. I have both lowrance units and hummingbird on my boats, they both work great, humminbird units tend to cost little

less but still have alot of value in them, try to get one with navionics package. You will be glad you did...

It is a matter of personal preference but you may want to consider 2 separate units. I like to watch my fishfinder and also like a larger view on the plotter. I rely on both when fishing and as a bit of age has caught up with my eyes the bigger screen for each the better instead of trying to watch both on a smaller screen.

I have a two unit set up as well. I have a new HD lowrance sonar unit that I love. My gps unit is an older X17 lowrance that has a 10.5 inch screen. I found that unit on line 3 or 4 years ago for 400 dollars. I really like my lowrance units and you can pick them up on linefor great prices if u find the right situation. Got the gps when lowrance was discontinuing their old models.