Makes you think

I went down to the lake yesterday. What I saw really made me think about how dangerous our playground really is. Winds were our of the east at 15-20 with gusts to 25 and the lake was roaring good, waves were 3-6ft and you know with that kind of wind there is a strong undertow. There were rescue vehicles everywhere when I talked to the officer he said there was a lost swimmer. Makes me just want to say think twice about anything you question once. Be safe and make it out another day.

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/article_2528ec40-d0f5-11e0-9b7b-001cc4c03286.html

When we were on Erie in june there was a sunday that was to rough to go out in the boat. So my wife and i rode bike with our three year old to the park at sterling state park from the camp ground. The play equipment is near the beach. I went over to the rest rooms and just walked in when i heard all kinds of screaming and my wife yelling call 911 someone is in the rip current. About 20 people daisy chained to pull two 12 - 14 yr old looking girls from the water. Of those two were the girls parents. I was on the phone at the same time reporting it. After they got the girls in the PARENTS let thier girls go right back into the water to play again without them being close to the water at all. I was still on the phone with the dispatcher when i saw the girls go back into the water and was telling the dispatcher about it. they did send a car out to talk to the family about the whole incident.