St Joe 8/27/2011 AM trip

Got a late start due to some non licensed fishermen, but found a new tackle strore in St Joe at the junction of Blue Star Hwy and Niles ave. They open @ 5:30 and are really well provisioned for the big lake angler.

Nuff of that, cleared the piers as the sun was clearing the horizon and ran out to 100 ft on a N heading, set lines and trolled N to 175 FOW. We caught fish fm 125 FOW to 170 FOW. What was hot, Standard size Stingers n lemon Ice and green dolphin, Northport nailer chartreuse with black tape, at 64 and 61' respectively and 11" echip white paddle with sigs rig blue bubble fly dn 155 on the rigger, anything yellow or green in the smaller size spoons. The Meat never took a hit. the wire dipseys out 234 on 1.5 and 217 on 1 were both good with NBK and carmel dolphin Stingers. We got our first fish on a full core lemon Ice in 125 FOW and took fish all the way out to 170, on a north heading. Speed 2.7 SOG and we took fish on the N and S trolls nothing on the W or E troll. If u r familiar with the Joe N is straight offshore and the shortest way to deep water. Lots of boats out but spread out really well.

Ended up 8 for 13, 6 Kings fm 6 to 18 lbs, 1 coho and 1 really nice Steelhead.

The fish are staging in that 120 to 180 FOW and now is the time.

Good fishing

Thanks for the report. Did you get the name of the new bait shop? Also is it right on the corner of 63 and Niles Ave.?

It is Broadlows fishing hole, 269 982 3474. Really nice people and they will spool your reels for while u wait, I had to replace 2 300' of copper this morning, my partner really made a mess last night, and I wanted to run copper. Tackle Haven doesn't open til 7 and these folks are up early like all the good fishermen I know.

It is Broadlows fishing hole, 269 982 3474. Really nice people and they will spool your reels for while u wait, I had to replace 2 300' of copper this morning, my partner really made a mess last night, and I wanted to run copper. Tackle Haven doesn't open til 7 and these folks are up early like all the good fishermen I know.

Oh..I thought it was a new tackle shop. The Fishin Hole has been there for quite a few years. I know Charlie and Theresa very well, and have fished with Charlie a few times and have had some very memorable fishing trips.

Oh..I thought it was a new tackle shop. The Fishin Hole has been there for quite a few years. I know Charlie and Theresa very well, and have fished with Charlie a few times and have had some very memorable fishing trips.

Being that the last year I fished out of St. Joe was 1995 its a new shop for me and u r correct Charlie is a really good guy, in the past I always went to Tackle Haven, but not anymore the fishin hole has my business.

Being that the last year I fished out of St. Joe was 1995 its a new shop for me and u r correct Charlie is a really good guy, in the past I always went to Tackle Haven, but not anymore the fishin hole has my business.

Guess I was over thinking things again. I read your signature and it says your home port is St. Joe and figured you already knew about the Fishin Hole. I thought there may be a new tackle store in the area.

Charlie wouldn't hang up his cell phone to have my daughter buy a flasher with her own money at the GR show a couple years ago. I went to another booth and bought her a pile of them out of my pocket. I'll not fish before I grace that store with my presence.

Guess I was over thinking things again. I read your signature and it says your home port is St. Joe and figured you already knew about the Fishin Hole. I thought there may be a new tackle store in the area.

We are slipped at Brians Marina again this year, the last few years we have fished out of So Haven, for convenience sake but the price of slips drove us back to the Joe. In the 70's and 80's I slipped at Whispering willows and then at Molhagens in the channel. Left the big lake for a few years fm 96 to 2002 then got back into it with a small boat. Upgraded in 2009 and needed a slip. St Joe has more fish and is about 1/2 half the cost for a slip than S.Haven.

So if u want to overthink it I have made St Joe my home port. Hope we can hook up on the lake just holler at the MC squared on68 if we are out will pass on info.

We are slipped at Brians Marina again this year, the last few years we have fished out of So Haven, for convenience sake but the price of slips drove us back to the Joe. In the 70's and 80's I slipped at Whispering willows and then at Molhagens in the channel. Left the big lake for a few years fm 96 to 2002 then got back into it with a small boat. Upgraded in 2009 and needed a slip. St Joe has more fish and is about 1/2 half the cost for a slip than S.Haven.

So if u want to overthink it I have made St Joe my home port. Hope we can hook up on the lake just holler at the MC squared on68 if we are out will pass on info.

Wow Molhagens, I sure miss that place. It sure was a great place to do business and just BS with guy's. Sounds like you have made your rounds. Does Dennis Neidlinger still have a slip at Brians?

Wow Molhagens, I sure miss that place. It sure was a great place to do business and just BS with guy's. Sounds like you have made your rounds. Does Dennis Neidlinger still have a slip at Brians?

No but his Brother Ken The Silver King is 2 slips down from me.