Pretty good morning on the water. Started out 0 for 2 missing one on a dipsy and had a leader break on the rigger. Pretty upset about that til 'ol faithfull (full core with killer dolphin) went off. Boated that and got the flow going. Broke a cable ane lost a downrigger ball so our 6 rod spread was now 3 cores 2 divers and a rigger. Ended up 5 for 11-12 not the hook up ratio i was hoping for but we could not keep the dipsy fish hooked up?? Any ideas? What worked

56 rigger 11" UV Protroll with Big Weenie Problem Child or one of my own flies HOT

130, 140, 166 dipsy set on 2 with either 8" Protroll or Spinnie both Mountain Dew with BW Frosted Phil and Glow Poofster also pretty hot

Full core with Killer Dolphin

Overall a nice day with the fish ranging from 7-14lbs.

Pretty good morning on the water. Started out 0 for 2 missing one on a dipsy and had a leader break on the rigger. Pretty upset about that til 'ol faithfull (full core with killer dolphin) went off. Boated that and got the flow going. Broke a cable ane lost a downrigger ball so our 6 rod spread was now 3 cores 2 divers and a rigger. Ended up 5 for 11-12 not the hook up ratio i was hoping for but we could not keep the dipsy fish hooked up?? Any ideas? What worked

56 rigger 11" UV Protroll with Big Weenie Problem Child or one of my own flies HOT

130, 140, 166 dipsy set on 2 with either 8" Protroll or Spinnie both Mountain Dew with BW Frosted Phil and Glow Poofster also pretty hot

Full core with Killer Dolphin

Overall a nice day with the fish ranging from 7-14lbs.

What Depth of water were u in?

Just red Fish4em's report and his day was just like ours minus the early bite. (Didn't get on the water til 7:30ish) 3.1 on the GPS was the ticket.

Best part about the trip is when Dad was talking to Mom on the phone and was reading off depth, speed etc to me and goes "oh good mark at 58 whatcha got down there?" my response "um rigger at fift-FISH ON!" as the 56 rigger pops

I blame my dipsey losses on crabby snubbers, and getting to the rod too fast. When that fish hits, loosen the drag WAY up and just leave it in the rod holder till the fish turns. :)

Thank you! Never have had much of a problem before but man yesterday it sure was. I keep the drags just tight enough so that it doesn't "tick" much. How loose are you normally loosening them when a fish hits?

How loose are you normally loosening them when a fish hits?

Don't loosen them so much that you're giving the fish slack, but enough that the fish isn't going to rip the hook out. We all know wire has absolutely 0 stretch, and a snubber and the rod sometimes just isnt enough for the super powerful first run. I mean this isnt normally something we do with an obvious 5lb fish, but those fish that absolutely slam it, and you go "wowwwwww!" need a little bit of love before ya get em to the boat!