Looking for a Westside charter

Hi All,

We are looking to charter a boat, for kings, on Michigan's Westside mid to late August 2012. We will have between 4 and 8 guys fishing.

Please post (or PM) me of any positive experiences you have had with specific charter captains, and PM me of any negative experiences.

This will be our first charter, so, I would like to draw on your experiences as to: what questions to ask, good charter captains, etc.

Thanks for any input you can give.:)

Depending on what Port you are looking for:

St Joe - Originator Sportfishing Charters - Capt. Jerry Link.

Fished with Capt Jerry several times over the last 2 years and had great times on every trip. I Believe he has the biggest Brown, steelhead, and king caught out of St Joe this year according to Tackle Haven.

Grand Haven - Big Weenie - Have also fished with this crew a few times and always had success. Contact Big Weenie (Gary) on this sight.

Thanks for all the input. I'll start running down those leads.

For the last 23 years our party has gotten together, met at Michigan International Speedway, camped, and attended the August NASCAR race. After meeting, this last weekend, we decided to make a change, so...we thought let's try a fishing charter.

We wish we could do it sooner or more often, however, some of our party flies in from out of state (Nevada, Missouri) to attend our annual ritual, and doing that more than once a year is a tough thing to get by the wives.

• 11 months later...
Hi All,

We are looking to charter a boat, for kings, on Michigan's Westside mid to late August 2012. We will have between 4 and 8 guys fishing.

Please post (or PM) me of any positive experiences you have had with specific charter captains, and PM me of any negative experiences.

This will be our first charter, so, I would like to draw on your experiences as to: what questions to ask, good charter captains, etc.

Thanks for any input you can give.:)

Hi All,

First off, thanks for all the input and leads regarding the various charters and captains.

We ended up on Killin' Time Charters with Captain Craig and First Mate Matt, fishing the afternoon of 8/18/2012. These guys are intense and focused on putting fish in the boat. Matt is real hustler and Captain Craig made sure we found and stayed on the fish.:)

We were originally scheduled with another charter, only to have the captain call us the morning of and inform us that he made a scheduling error, and that he would not be able to take us out.:mad: He told us that he made arrangements for us to fish on Killin' Time Charters, so that is where we ended up.

So...if anyone is looking for a great charter, our party would highly recommend Killin' Time Charters, these guys are awesome!:thumb: