Do the Bayliner Ciera Sunbridges fish well?

I have the itch to get another boat. Sold my Lund and want to get into a big water boat. Looking at a 1994 2355 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge. The transom doesn't look the best for fishing, but what do I know? Also, the boat I am looking at had some gelcoat cracks in the hull that are getting fixed as we speak. Is that something to be worried about after it is fixed. Boat has less than 200 hours and is priced at 12,000. Does that seem inline with comparable boats?

Thanks

Brandon

Don't be in a big hurry to buy a boat. There are lot's of them out there. Be picky,make sure it is exactly what you want before you buy it. I researched and looked for almost a year before I bought my Yar Craft. I am very pleased with it. It fishes the rivers as well as small lakes and it was out 17 miles last weekend following Adam around. My point is just be sure to get what you want. And don't be afraid to low ball an offer. The guy I bought my boat from wanted $21 K I went with that much in my pocket, but I ended up buying the boat for $16 K. With the economy boats aren't big movers.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but personally I absolutely despise the two cieras I've been on. You would have had much more fishing room in your lund than you do in the ciera. Also the boat fishes like a cork, the high center of gravity reallllllly makes fishing in any type of waves uncomfortable. Because the boat sits soooooo high and is so light, it is a monster around the dock in any type of breeze. There are a few positives, if you want to get a young one or a wife/gf involved the cabin provides many features most fishing boats of that size don't. If its going to be a straight fishing boat my advice would be to look for something else. Mid winter is the best time to shop!

Actually all the replies are on cue, for sure, Bayliner is NOT a good fishing brand unless you get a Trophy model, not Ciera. I don't recommend flybridge models either, not needed here in Great Lakes, open boats with big cockpits get the nod. As far as the price, it's way over the top imho. In the 23'-25' size, perhaps a used Tiara, Pursuit, Grady, Sea Swirl, for a couple of names offhand. Shop with care, diligence, and patience, great deals are out there right now.

Yeah I am in no hurry. Just new to the cuddy type boats. I really like the trophies so that will prob be what I focus on. So if you guys see any great deals on one please pm me. I would like to stay between 19' and 23'. Would be great to find a nicely rigged one that is less than 10 years old with an outboard. Thanks again guys.

Not sure if you are set on a fiberglass boat, but you can get a nice Starcraft Islander for that kind of money as well. Great boats to fish out of and easy to tow. I have fished a 24' bBayliner like you have mentioned along with an older Islander and I preferrred the Islander hans down. No room to fish in the Bayliner.

I fish out of a converted family cruiser, cuz- its paid for. the layout of my Fourwinns will be very similar to the Ciera, with a few differences, one the hull is solid and heavy, two the 350 Merc does much better than the 4cly volvo that I had in my bayliner.

now that it is a salmond slayer the family will not even set foot on board.

I wish it had more deck space in the back that is the biggest down fall.

get a little tight with more that 3 guys aboard.

picture_025_750884.jpg

I can't speak for the cerria model, but I can for trophys. I have a 1984, 24ft that I just repowered with a 350. I have owned this boat for 5 years and absolutely love it. It has lots of room in the back and three beds in cuddy. I just replaced the original 305 motor due to age and under powered and that is all I have had done since i've owned it. This a old boat that has been well taken care of. Bayliners are not known for quality boats like some other brands mentioned but if you find one that was taken care of it will get the job done. I dream of owning a nice big top of the line boat some day but for the money and time that I have to use it my trophy will do just fine. There is a picture of it in my profile. Good luck with what ever you buy and like mentioned before, Take your time and have patience.

A friend of mine has one. The cuddy is too big and it sits high and light on the front. On windy days trolling its like a sail and hard to keep straight in a cross wind. It has treated him well and we have fished many hours in it but I just bought a Trophy Walk around and just love it. I have lots of power ofn the trophy with a 175 merc but do agree that a lot of Bayliners are under powered. i had a day cruiser with a V8 before the trophy. His Sunbridge has the v6 4.3 liter but with 3 or 4 guys fishing someone has to go to the front of the cuddy to get it on plane.

Spent a lot of time out of one in Grand Haven in the day. Great boat for crawling back to after a rough Friday and crashing in the cabin. Not so great for fishing. It burned up 305's all the time as you were always pushing the motor to its limit.

Did catch fish though.

First time I took that guy out in my Four Winns, punched the 350 and literally rolled him right off his seat - he wasn't expecting to pop out of the hole like that. Every time after that when he was on board he drove all the time - worked out well.