I think diver colors make a huge difference!!!.....for making sure you put them on the right side...Personally we have 4 wire divers(right sides are green and left sides are orange) and 4 braid divers(same setup)This is a life saver in the early morning when setting.. we all know how tough it is to think in the morning.

I believe that diver colors matter alot. I usually run two divers per side my low diver is wire set on 1 1/2 and my high diver is a braid that I have set on 3. I match the colors of my divers to my rotator and fly combos or meat rigs when I am running at or below 50 ft of water, and when the fish are up higher I switch up my tactics and run clear divers, I have found this to increase my catch over the years. Also when the fish are above 50 ft of water I will only run my high divers and I will start to run more leadcore (this allows for a greater distance between baits and helps to decrease spooking the fish). Hope this helps. Good Luck!

low divers.. for us run on 1.5 they're level with the water and are "normally" deeper. Another diver rod(for us we run another wire) is set on 2.5 or 3. Normally people set this diver higher in the water column than the diver set at 1.5. A wire diver set on 1.5 dives roughly 1 for for every 2 feet let out, while on 3 it dives 1 foot for every 3 feet let out.. Recently we were running a lot of low divers at 120 and high divers at 175-190

low divers.. for us run on 1.5 they're level with the water and are "normally" deeper. Another diver rod(for us we run another wire) is set on 2.5 or 3. Normally people set this diver higher in the water column than the diver set at 1.5. A wire diver set on 1.5 dives roughly 1 for for every 2 feet let out, while on 3 it dives 1 foot for every 3 feet let out.. Recently we were running a lot of low divers at 120 and high divers at 175-190

Adding to TJ's post

Luhr Jensen has a tech tip chart out that gives you some rough idea how deep you are running according to the line on the counter. There are some extra variables like speed, line diameter, type of line/wire (stretch) so it is not a perfect science.

Here is the link to luhr Jensen tech pages (tip 12)

http://www.luhrjensen.com/tech-info/tech-reports

i guess im with the believers. i use the lite bite slide divers. i started with the black ones, and they did work good. but when i found them in metallic colors i bought new ones. i like to use the same color as the worm harness or spoon im using when i can. i still like black tho. i use the black on most colors that i cant match to my divers. i have the metallics in blue, purple, and green, and it may just be these color lures work better, but my catch rate does seem to be alittle better since i started using the metallic divers.

i dont use the slide divers with long leads as i believe they do work as attractors. good luck to you all.

sherman