holland labor day weekend?

I'm not a veteran by any stretch of the imagination but every guy I've talked to with any experience says get by the rivers at that time of year. So Grand Haven and Muskegon are what I've been directed to if you are looking to stay as close to Holland as possible.

Well, you don't get the mass quantity of fish, but still very good. With that though, you don't get the headache of Muskegon or GH either. Saugie is a 15 min boat ride from Holland too. That has the K-zoo river running too... Of course I live 2 miles from the Holland launch, so take it for what it's worth... I don't travel much to other ports with Holland in my back yard. Just my 2 cents..

The usual migration north of big schools of fish is common during the entire summer, and I feel that Labor Day time usually shows the most catch per angler and best fish are coming north of your desired area, that of Ludington to Manistee and all the way up to Frankfort at times. Many of these fish are targeting rivers where they were either planted or naturally born in, so, having said that, this is usually very fine fishing. Check the local reports for more accurate information as the date approaches. In Ludington, we have already experienced our first big run of salmon upstream the last few weeks. We expect and look eagerly to several more in the coming weeks for the bonanza of action.