Uni Troll 10 ???

This is the first DR i have ever used and I am wondering if everyones clutchs are really touchy? I usually end up having to palm the spool on the way down because there is no happy medium. They are probably about 15 years old, any maitenence ideas? Or should I spring for some electrics? Thanks guys? P.S. My palms are getting permanant rails :eek:

I use those with no clutch problems. I bought them used about 5 years ago. Only maintenance I do for them is when I store them, I leave the clutch loose. Keep them clean and the should be good. If they are already touchy, I'm not sure what is involved with changing the clutch. Good luck.

Jim, I found a parts list and diagram from a website yesterday, now just trying to figure out what needs to be replaced. Im going to wait until after season and fix them or upgrade. Im leaning towards an upgrade though I have been getting out quite a bit as of late and electrics would sure be sweet!!!!!

It's very easy to replace the clutch. It's just a "fibre" washer on the left hand side of the shaft. Check your spring under the handle and the bearing & washer over the bearing. Always loosen the handle when you're not using them. My unitrolls are not touchy at all.