Mono for leader?

Anyone use mono for leader on coppers and cores with as good of or better success than flouro? Won't be able to make it back out to the shop before the next trip and am wondering if its worth the time and effort of taking all this vanish crap off my rods and replacing with 25lb clear big game mono or if I should just wait till I can get the flourocarbon.

thats exactly what i use on on my leadcores if your talking about about sucess as far as catching fish with out break offs ive only had one break off in two years and that was on the lead core it self. i did get and 18 lb king friday on the 12 color. but it was mainly a rigger bite but i run the same stuff on my riggers to. 25 lb big game

I used 20 lb ande mono for years with no issues. This year is the first year i've used any floro on my boat. I've caught more fish this year although I don't know if I would attribute all of it to using floro leaders. One thing I will say is that I just changed my slider leaders to florocarbon and have been taking more hits on them.

I switched my Dipsy leads over to Fluro this year as well as lengthened them a bit. I have to say my dipsy's are doing better than they have in years past. What Supertramp said is key - need to use leader material, regular Fluro line will not cut it. It is pricey, which is why I hae not switched anything else over, but may try my sliders next...

I run 20 pound big game on everything and never break anything. I use it for leaders on core about 20 feet and they seem to catch plenty of fish. I have some 30 pound flouro that I will be trying for sliders, and dipsey leaders for spoons. Time will tell. But 20 pound big game is awesome in my book. Use your drag, no reason to land a fish in 5 minutes.