kicker motor

Need your input , I am leaving for ludington this weekend to spend a week up there with family and friends, I am taking my 19 foot star craft (glass) and it has a kicker motor bracket on back. ( a good heavy one) Question is it safe to put my 9.9 on it for the 100 mile trip??? or best to make room in the truck box?? I have ran it on there from my house to the lake (3 mile ) but never any father. Or are these things make to take a bouncing and not to worry about it?

Thanks for the input.

Luremaker

I would 100 percent put it in the truck. I had one on my boat and that thing bounced everywhere And I always worried about ripping the back off the boat. I've tried things to strap it down. Some kinda worked and some fell off on the highway. I have a feeling you're asking this question cus you're concerned. I would put it in the truck and enjoy a worry free drive to you're destination

Thanks Don

That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure that I wasn't nuts by not leaving it on the boat. I will have enough on my mind with a fully loaded boat and truck with three kids to boot.

I will post if I can while in ludington on how the fishing is going.

Luremaker

Back of the truck is easy enough. I have a 25HP elec. start merc on mine as a kicker. Before trailering I take a ratchet strap and use the hooks on both sides of the boat to fasten the kicker in place. Have had zero issue, and it seems to hold it as well as keep it from bouncing all over the place.

I have a 9.9 kicker on the back of our hydra-sports with a panther mount. Have had the boat for 11 years and the only time that motor has come off is when i changed from the crappy OMC mount(LOTS OF PLAY) that came with the boat to the panther. No issues what so ever. But, everything is tight on mine and dont bounce, so im sure that has allot to do with it. I also have mine backed with 1/4" aluminum plate the same size as the Panther mount. Personally, i dont see a problem as long as things arent bouncing around. And if its bouncing going down the road, i guarantee its bouncing around out on the lake as well and something will break eventually.

I wish I had a panther mount ,but I have the drop arm style and there is play in it up and down has very little but the side to side is what I'm worried about the springs are good but it still moves around, and I don't want to see it bouncing down the road.(Not a good thing)

I thought about strapping it in place but there is no real good spot to lock it in.

luremaker