South Haven Nite Bites

Had some vacation this past week and had time to take some of the family out for some nite bite action. We had the Mikes Eye Fly bite going for the big fish including a 16lb Laker and 17lb King for my sister in-law and daughters first wire diver experience. A Mixed bag of Plugs and Spoons took the rest of the fish that were all good size. The family randomly picked fly's, spoons and plugs and it did not seem to matter much on the spoons from Silver Streaks to Pro Kings. The best water was 80-90ft. Over the coarse of the previous weekend and last weekend we did not have a problem getting some action as the sun was setting. The Kings are getting dark and ready for the runs up the rivers so get your family's out of the air conditioning and show them some great pre fall fishing.

bentnet2.jpg

katelyn17lbwire2.jpg

double2.jpg

familyfun2.jpg

Nice job Andy! :thumb: Looks like you need a new net.

One of my nets are alittle shorter thanks to my brother. He knows now to point the handle in the air after he nets but its hard to remind him in the middle of the hootin and halloring......but makes for great fun memories.

One of my nets are alittle shorter thanks to my brother. He knows now to point the handle in the air after he nets but its hard to remind him in the middle of the hootin and halloring......but makes for great fun memories.

It looks like everyone had a GREAT time! :thumb:

We went out around 6:00 - 6:30 and usually started pulling at 9:30. We averaged about 2 fish setting lines and the majority of fish came in the last hour. This was consistant all 4 times we went out. We would of stayed later but the kids get antzy when it gets dark.

Great work, how deep were you targeting fish?

Didn't much matter, I caught fish on 2 colors to riggers bouncing bottom. I ususally run a spread of everything and if something is consistant I will throw more in that zone.