Fished Friday and Saturday in Manistee. NOt knowing where to start we worked in front of the harbor on Friday morning, harbor patrol was in full effect but we stayed outside the arms and picked up 3 fish on ITO blue/white glow fly with red white and blue beads 50-60' back on a dipsy no ring set on #3 (high). That was it for the morning.

Regrouped in the afternoon for the night bite. Spooled up a 390' copper on one of my buds' rods and headed back out. M. Mishler came out for a boat ride too. And that's about all it was. A short trip, no action and then back for some sleep, as it was needed.

Mornings fish

080511142901.jpg

080511083700.jpg

Saturday went south and setup shallow. Moonshines green jeans went off pretty quick on a rigger 26' down over 40fow followed by fishlanders green glow froggy 40 down over 55 fow. Big white paddle whie fly down 75fow went 5 minutes after it went down, then nothing. 9 color with green splatter back ace hi took a few fish. Ended the morning with 7, 5 kings, 1 steely and one laker, which was a brute.

th_080611101029.jpg?t=1312761235

6 of our 7 small steelie got cut out....

080611145117.jpg

Got out on Saturday evening setting lines about 1830, didn't get anything until the witching hour, and then we ended with 2. both on the same rig, 125 CU with a white glow plug with a black ladderback. After that nothing. Did lose one right at the back of the boat. Noticed that my finder went from 220fow to 25 fow, it was bait. Brought in the MOO MOO meat rig and reset it at 60' back with a dispy on #3 no ring, 5 minutes after that it took of, and lost that one at the back of the boat. Sorry for the spotty details, left my log book in the truck all weekend.

Here's a few pics from our evening

080611203202.jpg

080611203217.jpg

Justin fighting one

080611213754.jpg