Sunglasses, Go Big Or Go Home?

Eyefull

During my two week stint in Ludington, my FishGilz glasses finally broke after two long seasons. I thought I would hit a few places in town and pick up a good quality pair of whatever brand glasses in the $70-90 range. I thought I would. What I found was the $150-200 Costa Del Mars, Maui Jim's, and Raybans. Also a great selection of $12-15 junk at most stores. Nothing between. What are you guys using that your happy with and is there any hope of finding quality in my targeted range? I know that the lens quality is definetly in the upper end glasses, but I also know that they aren't any more able to withstand me sitting on them than a $15 pair.

During my two week stint in Ludington, my FishGilz glasses finally broke after two long seasons. I thought I would hit a few places in town and pick up a good quality pair of whatever brand glasses in the $70-90 range. I thought I would. What I found was the $150-200 Costa Del Mars, Maui Jim's, and Raybans. Also a great selection of $12-15 junk at most stores. Nothing between. What are you guys using that your happy with and is there any hope of finding quality in my targeted range? I know that the lens quality is definetly in the upper end glasses, but I also know that they aren't any more able to withstand me sitting on them than a $15 pair.

I broke down and bought the Costa's with the 580 glass. All I can say is what a difference. Only thing I wish I could have done different is to get the Bifocal glass. Yup, getting old.

I got a nice pair of electric brand sunglasses. They are in the $70-100 range. Another pair ive had was Von Zipper in that same range. Never had a polarized lens in the Zippers but they are quality made.

I have a pair of costas with 580 lenses(purchased them in 2009). Once you spend the BIG money on a pair of glasses, you will take care of them and they will last a long time. I purchased an expensive pair of Hobies in 1994, and they are still in GREAT shape!

I have the costa Jose 580G's and love em. The blue mirror is great but the wife complains she can't tell if I'm looking at her or not! :)

Ive really considered buying those new Jose's they have, since well, its my nickname and all. How do they fit? are they smaller? I havent seen them in the store and would just be buying them online.

I loved my Costas till i sat on them and busted em. Gotta get another pair. The cheapies suck! Just like buying a scope, the more you spend the better the quality. My costas were the best glasses i ever wore. No head ache from the sun, you can see in the water...good stuff.

Ive really considered buying those new Jose's they have, since well, its my nickname and all. How do they fit? are they smaller? I havent seen them in the store and would just be buying them online.

I wouldnt say they are smaller. They fit fantastic and give a great field of view.

Adam Bomb.....Costa's will fix em if your fault for 12 bucks or if it's there fault for free for life... Atleaset that is what I remember reading.

Love my Costas. I have bought two pairs of good sunglasses in my life. First pair lasted six years and I am on year four for the second. In between I went through countless cheap ones. I find I take better care of something I spent the extra dollars on and don't sit on them, lose them, etc.

I wouldnt say they are smaller. They fit fantastic and give a great field of view.

Adam Bomb.....Costa's will fix em if your fault for 12 bucks or if it's there fault for free for life... Atleaset that is what I remember reading.

Yep...if they have the parts. I had mine for many years and that model was discontinued and there were not parts available...so i was told.:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the input.

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabelas.com and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience. You will receive another e-mail at the time your order ships.

Products Ordered

1 of 71-1869 COSTA DEL MAR FATHOM POLARIZED SUNGLASSES AMBER 580 POLY BLACK FRAME @ $159.00 each

In stock-Approx delivery Mon 8/22

Should be stylin by Monday afternoon! Lets see how long it takes me to lose, crush, or have them stolen LOL.