Slider?

No i would not. Too far of a lead between your release and your lure. Also, the slider woudl get hung on the not at the backer core connection. Also, with a fish yanking on it, itd probably break the lead and chaff the sheathing....no, i would not recommend it

No i would not. Too far of a lead between your release and your lure. Also, the slider woudl get hung on the not at the backer core connection. Also, with a fish yanking on it, itd probably break the lead and chaff the sheathing....no, i would not recommend it

I agree with the 2nd and 3rd parts. A big swivel could help, but you still risk having it get caught up at the knot and it's still going to wear on the sheathing. If you are ok with losing whatever is on your SWR and 2-3 colors of lead once and a while, run it! lol

As far there being too much slack to reel up, who cares? If it gives you another shot at hooking a fish, it doesn't matter IMO. Obviously the bite/land ratio might not be that good, but even if it is 10/50, that's 10 more fish in your cooler!

Would I do it? Nope, never have and probably never will. Can you do it? Absolutely, but I'd keep a close eye on the leadcore sheathing and the knot at the connection. You might go through a little bit of core and have to retie the connection from time to time, but I see no reason why you can't do it...it just might not be a good idea and could get expensive.

No, that's a mess waiting to happen. Even with a fixed slider you've got 50-150' of line trailing around behind the boat while you're netting the fish, and if a fish runs it's towing all that behind him waiting to find other stuff.

Is one extra fish worth taking down 1/2 your spread in a tangle?