Unbelievable. Started out with the 27 in the ladies tournament in Ludington, then the splash had a 27 and 29, a 32 in Ludington and now a 34 in stee...Will there be a 40 in another month? Im seriously considering respooling my rigger rods to 25#!

Unbelievable. Started out with the 27 in the ladies tournament in Ludington, then the splash had a 27 and 29, a 32 in Ludington and now a 34 in stee...Will there be a 40 in another month? Im seriously considering respooling my rigger rods to 25#!

Better go 30 lb! LOL! I wouldlove to get the chance to tangle with one of them big dogs!!!

Biggest I ever caught trolling went 35 lbs about 6 hours after I caught it. Chased it around for 45 minutes just trying to keep line on the reel. That was out front of the bath house at Lud. My arms hurt just thinking about it !:grin:

Wow, I'm surprised I didn't hear about it up here. Was he on a charter/private? Boat name? Would love to track down the info on it, beacuse that's a pig!! I have been pulling low 20 pound fish consistantly here for some time now, and was just saying to my buddy the other night that there will be some 30#s taken out of this port this year. Sincere congrats to your friend, great fish!

Chris

im with all eyes. the biggest and only one i ever caught that was that big was a 35. i caught it in manistee lake about 20 some years ago. we,ve always got alot of 27,s and 28,s there in the fall. i,ve heard of big fish up there but that one is the only miss piggy i ever got that was weighed anyway.

i would have loved to have made another trip to manistee this year. but i,ve just had so much going on and the gas gods are being so greedy i just dont think i,ll try this year

sherman

Wow, I'm surprised I didn't hear about it up here. Was he on a charter/private? Boat name? Would love to track down the info on it, beacuse that's a pig!! I have been pulling low 20 pound fish consistantly here for some time now, and was just saying to my buddy the other night that there will be some 30#s taken out of this port this year. Sincere congrats to your friend, great fish!

Chris

Been a fair amount of mid to upper 20's taken as well.

I doubt it...Lots of fish being caught way offshore yet. And some big ones too. From what i hear, its just starting, so id say we have a long ways to go.

I completely agree. Should be nice fish well into September.

Chris