Hi everyone. New to this site. I'm switching over to my salmon gear this week after a great summer on Saginaw Bay! I'm looking for any reports or where I may find them for Frankfort. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site. I like yor screen name. You a "squatch" fan?

In the early 70s a big foot supposedly was taking clothes off a guys clothes line at night up by Hughes swamp and as teenagers back then some of us guys were actively hunting him until we came really close to shooting a black angus cow in the spot light at 3 in the morning. There were a few other things involved that could have slightly impaired our judgement. We still joke about hunting the big guy.

In the early 70s a big foot supposedly was taking clothes off a guys clothes line at night up by Hughes swamp and as teenagers back then some of us guys were actively hunting him until we came really close to shooting a black angus cow in the spot light at 3 in the morning. There were a few other things involved that could have slightly impaired our judgement. We still joke about hunting the big guy.

:no::lol::thumb:

GJ on the bay and a warm welcome to the GLF site. I'm not sure I want to party with ya after that post. Maybe it's because I have big feet. :lol:

GL in Frankfort. It's my second favorite Lake MI port.

:welcome:

Thursday pm. 4 for 6. Laker, and three nice kings right at sun down, south of herring hole 180 fow, roughly 50-60 down. Dipseys 180 back, white hootchie blue teaser meat rig took a few rips and full core with smal yellow tail pluge took the rest. Friday am, 2 for 6. Both kings close to 20 lbs each. North, down by the point 240 fow, 40-50 down Same setup. Riggers were dead for us. Lots of marked fish and bait around 20-30 down, tried high long lines,no takers. Water was way to calm for my liking, flat flat flat, both trips out.

There are some big fish around. Last night we caught a 28 pounder and had a few other huge rips. The one we caught came off of a diver back 60. We lost one screamer on a 7 color that spooled us out and we had another very large fish hit a 2 color that sent the board flying sideways. The fish jumped a solid 4 feet our of the water and came down with a massive splash. Being that it was on only a 2 color it wasnt real far away and you could get a sense of how big it really was. That jump threw the hooks but we did end up with another nice fish shortly after on the same 2 color.

ill be up thur fri sat sun camping at the betsie campground, heard fishin was gettin better, fished sat am out of onekema and it was good 4for 4 and all the fish were 18 plus pounds! from 45 to 75 fow, good time and great water, cant beat it, see ya on the water thurs= sun ill be on 68 stay safe and good luck!!

did you do a nort or south run what depth and any temp break found

I fish with Matos23.

We have been getting most of our fish on the north side of the hole over the weekend. Temp was 25-30.

We were 3-5 in front of the piers on Sunday night. Immediately took a fish on a Black screwball off diver at 55 and a fish on another diver at 70 when we turned around to come across the mouth again. Missed a double on blue flounder pounder off the DR and a two color with a double glow dragon ribs. Took our last fish on a mongolian beef off a three color.

Last night we set up in front again at 7:30 and did not take a hit. Started working our way south and into 70-90 FOW and took two off a Black Screwball on a diver at 80 and lost one on a Carbon 14 free slider parked at 40 that broke off the swivel at the bottom plug. Re-set that line with a MJ SS free slider and it immediately popped again, but we missed that fish when it ran into the three color. All are hits were within about 40 minutes at the witching hour, all black. No hits off the boards.

It was such a nice night out that we decided to troll from the hole all the way back to the harbor after dark, looking for the late night action. Did not take a hit for three hours and called it a night at about 12:30.

Storm rolling through this morning and the forecast is calling for 4-6 for the next 18 hours or so before backing off.

Here is a pic of Matos' 28#er:

file?id=1175809

file?id=1175810

Went 3-5 this AM, all kings 10-20. Temp was 49 degrees, 15’ down.

Started about Grace Road in 70 feet of water and headed south to stay away from the pack in front of the piers and took our first fish off a two color and a happy meal moonshine plug just at first light. Just after landing that fish the down rigger popped with a Carbon 14. Landed that fish and a five color went with a TNT Moonshine but we broke off midway in the last color of lead.

Trolled to about the creek, swung around and all the way back to the north of hang glider hill before we took another fish on a NBK off 2 color. Five minutes later a seven color with green froggie popped, made a good run and broke off the floro.

Picked up and headed in about 9:45.

Many boats scattered from the hole to past the point, but did not hear of a large concentration of fish any one place. Did see fish being caught in the bay on the way to the dock.

Fished over the weekend both AM and PM. Averaged 6-7 Kings per trip with most 17-20lbs. Temp changing each trip kept things very inconsistent. We mainly fished from out front to Grace Rd in 60-115 FOW. Moonshine spoons in assorted greens and blacks along with green flashers and green flies were best. No one bait or set up was a standout. We fish on everything from a 3 color to a 400 copper.

im definatly no expert but the trip this week thurs thru sat, i would say it might be late for the run outside the harbour, of course depends on the weather, the fish were stackin in front of the peir and then into the harbor, we caught fish in front and out to 60 ft and others were getin in the harbor ,and off the pier, others were out deeper in 80 to 100 we couldnt get that going though , it might be a crap shoot. hope it helps, by the way biggest was 25 pounds smallest was 17 they were all NICE fish