Seeing the new weather bouy in muskegon and that the down temp at 54 ft was 47 degrees made me check the shallow water to the north. Left the dock at 5:40 AM and headed out just in front of a freighter that decided to anchor out front. We immediately were marking fish all the way as we headed north into about 50 FOW to setup. Dropped the glow spoons with fewer than normal Moonshines (most all of mine are mags and wanted to run regular sized spoons).

By about 6:45 AM we had our first one in on the glow yellowtail rigger hit 43 down in about 50 FOW - nice 12 lb young king (no spawn or milt in this one - just a wide body that fought very hard). Fish were stacked pretty good below 35 ft to bottom where we were at.

Next was a Moonshine Night Crawler on my probe rigger down 30 where the temp was hovering around 60. 15 lb male king that went a screaming out from the initial hit.

By about 7:30 we had #3 release on a glow bloddy nose which was empty. By this time the light was really going up down below and we decided to head a bit deeper as the marks had disappeared.

We moved out towards the north nets and got a full core that was pulling and he came off before I could really start getting line in to g et the board off.

Unfortunately that was it - didn't mark much after we left the 60 FOW range. After the fact I'm thinking I should have stayed in close to get those inside fish - we marked a fair amount of bait heading in through that same 60-70 FOW area we were in early.

We did see some areas where there was pretty good down temps at 50 down on 90 FOW but there were no takers there. Cold water is still around and the current seemed to be a little mixed up at times.

I have this to add though:

1) Absolutely no dispy action AGAIN. Tons of fleas on the dipsy lines - 30 lb fireline. Ran Spinny / flys and also changed to a plug after 9 AM. I think this season I have had a grand total of 1 dispy hit over about 6 or 7 trips - PATHETIC. Only thing I can figure is the fleas are causing problems with the dispy program. I've run spoons, plugs, and spinny flys, even ran a squid yesterday trying to mix it up.

2) Finally got into some action during low light - been a long time since we got into fish before 7:30 AM with glow lures.

3) Fleas were so bad that my Cannon probe tag wire and rigger main exposed cable and large coastlock to the ball had fleas - first time I've seen that one - they must have been very thick down there.

I ran some mirage patterns with smaller blades to no avail - the next time out will be a white paddle with oceana and a new BW poofster combo if I get it in time. How about lead lengths (both fly leader and leader from dipsy to paddle)?