Any one have Door county info?

Leaving next week for five days some where in door county. Still have not decided on a port to call home for the trip. Wondering if the fishing has picked up anywhere? Thanks for any info you may have. :thumb:

lots of big fish! Not entirely sure about the numbers though. The Kewaunee-Door County Derby id going on through today and there have been some 30+ pounders registered. Which ports are you considering?

The Sturgeon Bay Bank is pretty incredible place to fish. Its like an underwater cliff dropping from like 60 down to 200 (im sure my numbers from memory are off) instantly. I have spent a lot of time in the rest of Door County but never fished anywhere besides Sturgeon Bay.

Sturgeon Bay has the most to offer outside of fishing if you are concerned with that. The rest of door County is pretty neat and touristy. North of Sturgeon Bay, the more "developed" areas seem to be on the bay side but its a short drive from one side to the other. Washington Island is also a really great place and is known for its fishing. One draw back to Washington Island it is accessed via car ferry so you have to have good pre-planning. I am not sure about what kind of services, stores, etc are on the island.

In this years tourney Baileys harbor far and away caught more and bigger fish. The only registered 30# in the KD came there. I think the fishing presure hurt the bank reef this year, we caught far more and bigger fish before the KD. Of all the ports Baileys has beat the others.

Thanks for the info guys. We did fish Bailey's during the July full moon. Fishing was slow, did manage a few large fish. My ten year old landed a #29.6 on a wire dipsey as I was fighting a high teens fish on a ten color. (wife was driving the boat), something I will never forget...:lol: With that being said, might have to give Journey's end a call.. Any word on Gill's Rock , washington island area? Thanks guys. :thumb:

In this years tourney Baileys harbor far and away caught more and bigger fish. The only registered 30# in the KD came there. I think the fishing presure hurt the bank reef this year, we caught far more and bigger fish before the KD. Of all the ports Baileys has beat the others.

Yea that.

Just talked to 5 different groups of guys up and down Door Co. Deep bite has cooled alittle, fish being caught 120-180 as of today, spoons have really come on. Plugs and Fly's getting their share. Fishing is still alittle spotty, different year this year to say the least.